September 2021 Passive Income Update – Time’s Flying!
September 2021 Passive Income
- 2 Dividend Raises
- 4 sources of passive Income
- $804.02 from dividends
- 10 stocks dripped in September
The market go’s red a couple days and then shoots back up nice n green. Lots of people are now calling on a big crash coming. My thoughts – who knows. The debt ceiling will just get raised as it always does and the market will either go sideways, up or down. No one knows. The dividends keep coming and I prefer to see some of these lower prices in accumulation phase anyways.
Another great, busy month. We did a bit of traveling and went full force tourist mode.
- The month started off with us going to Montreal for the weekend. We saw some family, ate a tonne of poutine, bagels and smoked meat. Checked out old port, did some zip lining. It was a great time. Actually I remember going there a couple years ago and wasn’t a fan. This time was great, people in Montreal are really friendly, the walls were painted really cool and it was nice seeing cirque du soleil busking around the town.
- The following weekend I went with my hockey buddys to one of their cottages for the weekend. We played poker almost the entire weekend. So that was a little different, but I went for a rip on the kayaks with a buddy and got skunked fishing. That was cool I guess. Left the weekend up 50$ so atleast I didn’t lose my shirt.
- Our son is back to school and our daughter is in fulltime daycare, they both love it. Here’s hoping things stay open this winter.
- My sister got married in Niagara this weekend, so we went there for the weekend. First time really dressing up in about 2 years. Went tourist mode there as well. Tested the deodorant on that huge fariswheel, got soaked on the maid of the mist, smoked the arcade and smashed those funnel cakes.
A great month yet again! This month we will be having the entire family over for thanksgiving and plan on going to another cottage. I’m excited for thanksgiving as we haven’t got together with the wife’s entire family for over 2 years as well. May your mashed potatoes be smoothered in gravy and your turkey be moist! Lot’s to be thankful for that’s for sure.
Alright, Let’s Get To Our August 2021 Passive Income
Raises or Cuts
- Microsoft raised their dividend by 10.7% A beast of a stock. This raise adds $4.56 in forward income.
- Lockheed Martin came through with a 7.6% increase. This adds $15.32 in forward income.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2021 – $142.62
Great to see some raises again. Unfortunately general mills didn’t come through like they did last year at this time. I tell ya lockheed still seems like a screaming good deal. I may have to add more =)
September 2021 Dividend Income
13 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||September 2020 Income||September 2021 Income|
|Extendicare||18.84 (3 Drips)||sold|
|Riocan||30.96 (2 Drips)||sold|
|Brookfield Renewable Corp||20.38||sold|
|Brookfield Property||118.82 (7 Drips)||sold|
|IBM||45.64 usd||45.92 usd|
|MSFT||2.55 usd||10.64 usd|
|Lockheed Martin||0||46.80 usd|
|JNJ||33.33 usd||45.58 usd|
|3M||32.34 usd||32.56 usd|
|Canadian National Railway||44.28||59.04|
|Manulife Financial||0||37.24 (1 Drip)|
|Smart Centers||25.13 (1 Drip)||32.84 (1 Drip)|
|Rit ETF||0||65.54 (3 Drips)|
|Brookfield Renewable||83.21 (1 Drip)||86.23 (1 Drip)|
|Enbridge||185.49 (4 Drips)||239.65 (3 Drips)|
|Canadian Utility's||89.69 (2 Drips)||94.12 (2 Drips)|
11 stocks Dripped in September
Nice seeing these months now breaking the 800 mark! We continue to see all the sales yr over yr. These were mostly monthly dividend payers that cut or didn’t raise the dividend. Bepc we sold off after the spinoff and bpy we sold after the buyout announcement. Overall I think the portfolio looks stronger for the long haul although I always contemplate our position in IBM.
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $20.15 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
Solar Panel Income
In August (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 998 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $287.43 into our chequing account this month.
Last August the system generated $300.38 Another month lower, it seems pretty obvious this maple tree is killing our returns.. The trees beautiful though, its a keeper!
Total Income for 2021 – $1,991.23
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$9,478.04
Amount to Break even —- $–22,918.42
Thanks to some of you for using our questrade link we received 70 bucks in affiliate income. This is the 2nd month is a row! Thanks everyone. We continue to use qt for our etf purchases monthly.
Total September 2021 Passive Income – $ 1,661.44
September 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,541.76
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $119.68
A 7.7% growth rate. Not huge but an increase non the less.
Totals For 2021
Dividends Year To Date Total – $5,794.68
Other Passive Income Year to date – $7,164.15
Total Passive Income for 2021 —– $12,958.83
Year End Goal – $17,390.71 ——– %74.51
We should be getting 8.3% a month and with 9 months done we should be at 74.70%. Talk about right on target. =)
September 2021 Purchases
We continue to grow our portfolio.
Added 33 more shares to the portfolio. This purchase was made in the kids resp and we are now maxed for the year once again.
This purchase adds $115.50 to our forward dividends and also should allow us to drip an extra share per quarter. =)
We continue to grow this position. Actually I have thought of making a new rule and growing any position in our portfolio whenever they raise their dividend by over 10%. Algonquin did in 2021, so I’ll gladly add to this position.
We bought 54 more shares which adds $36.84 usd to that income.
Added 9 more xaw to the portfolio as well.
Adding about $4.06 =)
In total we added $156.40 to that forward income with these new purchases.
Financial Goals Update
- We continue our monthly donation to The Nature Conservancy of Canada of $85.
Increase Dividends by $1,680.19 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $8,329.13 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2021 is $1076.32 64.05% of our goal.
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 9 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
September 2021 Passive Income Conclusion
Gotta love these months, the income keeps rolling in. We put a nice chunk of change to work and really did our best to live life to the fullest. At the end of the day that’s what its all about right? Passive income is nice, but make sure you are spending some of it on some great experiences. Time is flying by and in the grand scheme of things, life really is short.
I hope you all had a fantastic month as well. With thanksgiving around the corner what are you most thankful for? How was your September?
keep being awesome, there’s greatness within you!
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.