May 2019 Passive Income
May 2019 Passive Income Update
Time is just flying by.
May was a fantastic month full of good times. Birthday party’s, barbecue’s and of course a bunch of beers with friends.
We haven’t done any camping yet but have about 5 camping trips planned out so far and 1 or 2 cottage weekends. Now if only the weather would start cooperating that would be sweet. Here in Ontario, we have been absolutely hammered in water.
That is horrible news on the solar panel front, but all the plants and grass are doing really well. Got to love this time of the year!
May was another expensive month as we continued to do projects around the house. I also bought a refurbished laptop, our life insurance was due and our yearly $500 dog bill checkup/shots/medicines all hit us hard.
Fun, Fun…… Now let’s check out that May passive income!
Raises or Cuts
- Telus raised their dividend %3.21 this added $6.65 to our yearly forward dividends
- Algonquin Power bumped theirs 10 percent. Adding $10.85 usd to those totals
- BMO added 3 more cents or 3% to their quarterly dividends. Adding a monster $2.04
- National Bank raised theirs another %4.61. This adds $4.32 to those totals.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises so far in 2019 – $161.75
12 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||May 2018 Income||May 2019 Income|
|Proctor & Gamble||17.21||17.90|
|National Bank of Canada||21.60||23.40|
|CVS Healthcare - USD||15.50||15.50|
|Shaw||30.32 (One Drip)||sold|
|Corus Entertainment||19.29 (3 Drips)||sold|
|Abbvie - USD||0||36.38|
|Emera||50.85 (One Drip)||55.23 (One Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||0||20.53 (One Drip)|
|Interpipeline||0||27.65 (One Drip)|
|Riocan||39.36 (One Drip)||28.80 (One Drip)|
|Extendicare||16.44 (2 Drips)||17.40 (2 Drips)|
|General Mills - USD||62.72 (One Drip)||64.68 (One Drip)|
7 Drips this month. Not bad, but definitely the lowest month…
May 2019 Dividend Total = $326.87(%6.44 higher yr over yr)
May 2018 Dividend Total = $307.07 (Previous Dividend Income)
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $9.22 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
A horrible growth rate, but a growth rate non the less.. The sales have been a killer, but I like how the portfolio looks now and don’t plan on messing with it much anymore. 2 newer cars, we should be golden now!
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In April (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 805 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $231.84 into our chequing account this month. Not bad, but all this dam rain is killing us. May hasn’t been much better…. Total Income for 2019 so far – $637.91
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$3,153.87
Amount to Break even —- $29,242.59
Wasn’t expecting this one, but I guess that’s the website on autopilot.
Some of you purchased some things from our book review amazon affiliate links. Its always interesting seeing the things people buy. As always you don’t need to buy the product I review but if you buy anything after clicking one of our links we get a little cut for the referral. Thanks to all of you, we got $11.57 this month. Thanks Again!
Total May 2019 Passive Income – $1070.28
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $18
Yeah not a huge increase, does it even keep up with inflation? We sold close to 20k in stocks for our 2 new cars since last August and solar was down yet again.. Like I said before we have been getting hammered in rain since April, so that’s no good. No point complaining about it, just got to grind harder!
Totals For 2019
Dividends Year To Date Total – $2,244.17
Other Passive Income Year to date – $3,704.07
Total Passive Income for 2019 —– $5,948.24
Year End Goal – $15,500 ——– %38.37
May 2019 Purchases
We continued to put some money to work for us by Purchasing 18 shares of BCE in our kids resp account. This buy added $57.06 to our yearly dividend totals and helps pump up that Telecom sector.
- I want to read 10 books this year. I finished the compounding effect by Darren Harrdy. It was a great book. I also started reading as a man thinketh by James Allen. (Its alright but kinda old school) 3/10 all yr.
- Get A Will – DONE. You can read about that here.
- Picked up some Garbage – Nothing special this month, we keep talking about going to a beach and making a day of it/ beach day.
- Charities – Committed to donating $50 a month to The Nature Conservancy of Canada.
- Increase Dividends by $1,100 this year. With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $90.14 to our dividend Portfolio. So far in 2019 we have added $519.79 (%46.41 of our goal.) (Lost $446.94 on sale for car, but want to keep this separate)
- Reduce Screen Time before Bed – Pretty good actually. After hearing the Joe Rogan / Kevin Hart podcast I have been trying to put my phone away in the evenings and just hang with the wife without our phones…. Seriously try this, your marriage will thank you.
These months are never the best of months. They could use a little improvement, but there is still some growth with all the things that have been going on. Clearly it’s working. We are starting to see some red in the markets again. 3m just keeps getting cheaper, as well as so many other good stocks. Gotta love it.
What A Game, Go Raptors!
How was your month? Do any camping? Summer’s Coming, Don’t Forget that SPF!
Wish you all the best, Cheers!
“We Can Complain Because Rose Bushes Have Thorns, Or Rejoice Because Thorn Bushes Have Roses” -Abraham Lincoln
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.