June 2020 Passive Income Report – 1,588.23
June 2020 Passive Income Report – 1,588.23
Hot enough for you?
Wow! July and June have been a scorcher here to say the least. Was 43 degrees today and has been in the 35-40 degree range for about 2 weeks now. The lawns are brown and crunchy.. On the plus side. My tan is sick! and you know those solar panels be racking it in these days.
Work remains really busy, but I definitely am noticing a lack of supplies happening. We have to get different irrigation parts due to them not having the parts. Lumber yards are back ordered and said to us they don’t even know what they are getting week to week.. Certain Interlock is a nightmare. Some companies closed down for covid and cant catch up to demand.
It’s a great time to be a landscaper but this heat is a killer. Lucky we have been doing lots of sprinkler systems, gotta run through them after to “test them”
June was another fantastic month. Our mulberry tree busted out in fruits and we beat the birds this time. No pies just straight picking.
We also went away for a weekend camping at Rondeau provincial Park. Loved it, great park and the camping itch now starts. We booked 3 more camping trips for the summer so far. Look at those smiles, My girls!
2020 a year to worry about covid? or a year to remember having great times with your main circle? Wash your hands, smile, say please and thank you. Enjoy it, life’s short.
Alright, Let’s Talk Money!
Raises or Cuts
0 Raises and 0 cuts this month
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2020 – $112.12
Dividend Cuts Reduced Dividends in 2020 by $327.03
14 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||June 2019 Income||June 2020 Income|
|Canadian National Railway||33.33||44.28|
|Inter Pipeline||27.79 (1 Drip)||8.32|
|Extendicare||17.48 (2 Drips)||18.48 (3 Drips)|
|Smart Centers||24.67 (1 Drip)|
|Riocan||28.92 (1 drip)||30.36 (2 Drips)|
|Enbridge||159.41 (2 Drips)||183.06 (3 Drips)|
|Brookfield Property||92.40 (3 Drips)||121.94 (8 Drips)|
|Brookfield Renewable||98.23 (2 Drips)||109.20 (1 Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||20.60 (1 Drip)||bought out|
|Canadian Utility's||82.85 (2 Drips)||88.82 (2 Drips)|
20 stocks Dripped in June – Sweet!
20 drips? Almost 150 bucks more than last year? A 24.72% growth rate? That stuff is tony the tiger – greeeaat!
This is why we do these reports. You want to see that kind of stuff. Little pats on the back saying, hey keep it up. It’s working. Will be pretty dam cool to look back in 5-10-15 years. How many drips will we be rocking then?
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $32.18 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
Trailing 12 Month Return
-1.90% Not pretty, but its a long term game.
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In May (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 1,175 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $338.40 into our chequing account this month.
Last May the system generated $285.15 3 months in a row higher than last year, sweet! The sun is cooking.
Total Income for 2020 – $1,013.18
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$5,982.59
Amount to Break even —- $-26,413.87
Total June 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,588.23
June 2019 Passive Income – $1386.33
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $201.90
Over 200 bucks? Fantastic stuff. Pretty cool to see. We all work hard for our money, but as we can see the money is working more and more for us.
Totals For 2020
Dividends Year To Date Total – $3,232.95
Other Passive Income Year to date – $4,412.40
Total Passive Income for 2020 —– $7,645.45
Year End Goal – $17,200 ——– %44.45
Over 7k already? Seriously it grows quickly. Stick to the plan. In 2016 I don’t think we even brought in 1k the whole year. YOU CAN DO IT!
June 2020 Purchases
Only 1 purchase last month, well and our usual xaw etf purchase.
- 15 shares of qsr. This added $31.20 usd in forward income. Check out that post here.
Read 3 Books I normally Wouldn’t Consider
- I started reading Rich Dad’s cashflow quadrant again this month. Great book but not a book I wouldn’t normally read. I did finish reading our first chapter book with my son last month – Pokemon. Does that count? Mewtwo is just too powerful, Ash never stood a chance.
Go 3 Times and Pick Up Garbage
- Picked up some garbage while camping at the beach. Shout out to all the people at Rondeau, there really wasn’t that much garbage to pick up. They do a great job. We did grab some big pieces of plastic abs pipe that must of floated ashore. Save the turtles right?
- We continue to make our monthly donation of 75 bucks to The Nature Conservancy of Canada
Increase Dividends by $1,713.42 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $7,500 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $63.38 to our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2020 is $735.05. 42.89% of our goal.
Etf Monthly Purchase of $250
- We added 9 more shares of xaw etf this month for roughly 250 bucks in our questrade account. Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
- I swore I saw the 199 mark after I took a leak in the morning one day. Unfortunately I ate breakfast….. haha. Back over the 200 mark. At least I’m flirting with it now though. After all the heat at work I didn’t feel like taking the bike out. Ac life!
- We went strawberry picking and the wife made homemade strawberry Jam. Its awesome and puts smuckers to shame.. Kinda healthy. Still eating more greens, but have been picking up food more now that the wife is back at work. Jenny Craig wouldn’t be impressed….
Well that concludes our June 2020 passive income report. A great month with the family and friend’s. Solid dividends and passive income. We’re blessed. Tim Mcgraw says it best – “Always stay humble and kind….”
I wish you all nothing but the best. Stay healthy, enjoy the summer month’s, say something nice to your spouse, tell your kids you love them and keep making that money work for you.
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.