July 2021 Passive Income – Solid Growth!
July 2021 Passive Income
- 0 Dividend Raises
- 3 sources of passive Income
- $872.00 from dividends
- 16 stocks dripped in July
Hey Hey Hey!
The market continues to move sideways, up one day down the next. Earnings from most companies generally seem really impressive. We hear more covid talk but the market seems to ignore it at the moment at least.
Summertime! Life has just been fantastic. Things have been busy, but the smile is big.
- Our kids started soccer this month. 3 days a week now. Our son is 8, so its starting to get competitive. My wife’s really starting to become one of those soccer moms…. Its great to see, but when shes yelling at the kids to keep playing and the balls clearly out – you gotta laugh
- Went to pinery camping to start the month off.
- Following weekend my son and me went with a friend and my sons best friend to their cottage. Did some quading, boating, games, fishing and a bunch of drinking.
- The next weekend the wife let me go away with one of my best friend’s for a fishing getaway. We caught over 40 pike, the fishing was fantastic. I had a monster on, but he literally spooled me. Arg!
- Other than that we stayed around here, swam in pools, went to beaches, bbq’d with the neighbours
It’s pretty safe to say this month was a fantastic month, August may be even better though. As I write this the wife’s starting to pack up some stuff as we took the rest of the week off to go try a new campground.
Go out there and live it, one life – one love.
Alright, Let’s Get To Our July 2021 Passive Income
Raises or Cuts
Unfortunately no raises this month, but on the positive side no cuts! Gotta fill that glass. =)
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2021 – $122.74
July 2021 Dividend Income
13 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||July 2020 Income||July 2021 Income|
|Extendicare||18.60 (3 Drips)||sold|
|Riocan||30.60 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Cisco||48.60 (1 Drip)||51.06 usd|
|Transcontinental||26.55 (1 Drip)||27.45 (1 Drip)|
|TD Bank||99.54 (1 Drip)||102.70 (1 Drip)|
|Bank Of Nova Scotia||89.10 (One Drip)||92.70 (1 Drip)|
|Smart Centers||24.82 (1 Drip)||32.53 (1 Drip)|
|Rit Etf||0||65.13 (3 Drips)|
|Telus||72.23 (3 Drips)||82.21 (3 Drips)|
|Algonquin Power||46.25 (2 Drips)||86.20 (4 Drips)|
|Tc Energy||115.71 (1 Drip)|
|Bell Canada||73.26 (1 Drip)||109.38 (1 Drip)|
16 stocks Dripped in July – That may be a new record!
Definitely our highest dividend payout yet. Love seeing 3 different companies paying us over 100 each now, here’s hoping we can bring that up to 4 by next quarter. Overall we see a monster 42.27% yr over yr growth rate. Yup the smile is probably about 42% larger as I write this as well. =) Good times!
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $25.42 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
Solar Panel Income
In June (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 1,340 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $385.92 into our chequing account this month.
Last June the system generated $453.09 Big difference here. Is it the tree, weather or possibly even panels?
Total Income for 2021 – $1,420.41
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$8,907.22
Amount to Break even —- $-23,489.24
Total July 2021 Passive Income – $ 1,757.92
July 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,591.62
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $166.30
A 10.66% growth rate on our passive income overall. Nice, even better considering we got a amazon affiliate payment last year too. 2k is going to be a great number to hit.
Totals For 2021
Dividends Year To Date Total – $4,667.67
Other Passive Income Year to date – $5,453.34
Total Passive Income for 2021 —– $10,121.01
Year End Goal – $17,390.71 ——– %58.19
We should be getting 8.3% a month and with 7 months done we should be at 58.10%. We are back on track, heck maybe we can say slightly ahead. =)
July 2021 Purchases
I didn’t write a post this past month on our most recent purchase but I did continue to grow our portfolio.
We started a new position in Manulife financial once again. (I sold it in the past, but things are looking up and we could possibly start seeing rising interest rates Id say early next year, which would be huge for these insurance companies)
We bought 58 shares.
- Starting yield of 4.66%
- Payout ratio of around 40%
- 5 yr div growth rate 10.90%
I plan on continuing to grow this position. I was really planning this Friday again but they came out with a fantastic 2nd quarter earnings report, so here’s hoping it doesn’t run too much.
This purchase added $64.96 to our forward dividend total.
Added 9 more xaw to the portfolio as well.
Adding about $4.06 =)
In total we added $69.028 to that forward income with new purchases
Financial Goals Update
- We continue to make our monthly donation of 75 bucks to The Nature Conservancy of Canada
Increase Dividends by $1,680.19 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $8,329.13 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2021 is $743.91 44.27% of our goal.
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 9 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
July 2021 Passive Income Conclusion
Gotta say July was a fantastic month all around. Its great seeing all the growth on the dividend front. These months will continue to grow moving forward for sure. We had a wonderful month full of fun events and fantastic experiences. The summer really is flying by, before you know it kids will be back in school……. Please this year??
BTW – Go Canada! While I prefer the winter olympics, it fun sitting back and cheering our country on. Did you see the 2 high jumpers split gold? Made history, wow what a moment! Check it out here.
May the best of your today’s, be the worst of your tomarrow’s – Jay Z
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.