July 2020 Passive Income Report – $1,591.62
I hope you all have been having an incredible summer. It’s seriously crazy to know its August already, like always time fly’s. July started off with a trip to Rondeau provincial park and ended with another camping trip away to Finlayson Point Park. A nice park, but 6 hours drive and pretty small. Surprisingly we saw less nature there then we do most places we go. Saw some birds, loons, fish and a bunch of mice or moles running around. (Anyone watch the show Alone? Makes sense now)
The weather wasn’t ideal for camping but luckily we decided to buy a popup camper mid July. I spent a lot of nights fixing it up and trying to get that battery connection to work. ( The seller told me it was just a blown fuse…. arg!) Greased the thing up, switched out some bulbs, couple patches, sanded all the ground connections, some insulating foam, new battery, new fuses and a good deep cleaning. The thing is pretty sweet now. Guy wanted $3,500 – didn’t get it! We gave him $3,200 plus delivery since I didn’t know when I could do the paperwork. Pretty good deal considering the unit has a queen bed, double bed,2 singles, Fridge, heater and stove.
Climbed this massive fire lookout tower, view was incredible but I hate heights. Tested myself for sure. Got to love seeing all those trees and lakes. Nature is beautiful, Kane’s cool too!
Finally dusted off the kayaks and took them for a whirl. Man do I ever love kayaking! Only caught one small mouth though. Lake Temagami holds the world record for catch and release walleye.. But the lake is deep and I got skunked in the walleye department.
It’s safe to say our camping experiences just leveled up and can now go into the colder months. Love it.
You know what I don’t love? Leaky washing machines! Arg….. seems like ours bit the dust. I spent most of the nights last week trying to figure out what is going on. Watching all the connections, drains, even took the whole thing apart to check the hoses inside. No luck, the leak must be coming from a gasket or pump or something. Time to scrap it and buy a new one…. Guess what I’m doing today. Lol Well its a old unit and owes us nothing, just hope we can find a place with some in stock to pick up right away… fun fun.
Well its safe to say July was a eventful, busy month. It certainly wasn’t a cheap month by any means. That’s why we grow that passive income though right? To have new experiences and good times, definitely not to just see a higher balance in our account!
We all are growing old fast, not just the kids. Go out there – enjoy it, Get that 2 scoop ice cream, drink a case of beer with friends – Good times? heck drink 2! Our time is limited, who knows when it will be over.
Alright, Let’s Talk Money!
Raises or Cuts
0 Raises and 0 cuts this month
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2020 – $112.12
Dividend Cuts Reduced Dividends in 2020 by $327.03
14 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||July 2019 Income||July 2020 Income|
|Interpipeline||27.93 (One Drip)||8.32|
|Bell Canada||14.27||73.26 (1 Drip)|
|Cisco||46.90||48.60 (1 Drip)|
|Telus||53.44 (One Drip)||72.23 (3 Drips)|
|Transcontinental||24.86 (One Drip)||26.55 (1 Drip)|
|TD Bank||90.28 (One Drip)||99.54 (1 Drip)|
|Bank Of Nova Scotia||82.65 (One Drip)||89.10 (One Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||20.67 (One Drip)||bought out|
|Riocan||29.04 (One Drip)||30.60 (1 Drip)|
|Smart Centers||0||24.82 (1 Drip)|
|Extendicare||17.56 (2 Drips)||18.60 (3 Drips)|
|Algonquin Power||38.78 (2 Drips)||46.25 (2 Drips)|
15 stocks Dripped in July – Sweet!
A lot like last month. 15 drips – Gotta love it. 116$ more income than last year and a 23.46% growth rate…
Love these 2 months of the quarter, next one is my worst but that’s cool. I used to care about evening the months out but really don’t anymore. Quality companies should be the focus.
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $21.89 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
Trailing 12 Month Return
-1.65% Not pretty, but its a long term game. Guess I need to get more tech in the portfolio…….
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In June (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 1,576 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $453.89 into our chequing account this month.
Last May the system generated $395.42 4 months now in a row higher than last year, sweet! The sun is cooking.
Total Income for 2020 – $1,467.07
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$6,436.48
Amount to Break even —- $-25,959.98
Thanks to some of you for clicking on one of our amazon affiliate links, we got $24.84 from them last month. Thanks for the support.
(As always we receive a small amount of money from each purchase you make when you go to amazon through one of our links, at no additional cost to you) Feel free to use the link here to access amazon for any of your purchases. =)
Total July 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,591.62
July 2019 Passive Income – $1391.82
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $199.80
Almost 200 bucks more! Beauty… and whats really cool is this month actually surpassed last month’s total. Normally quarter ending months are my leaders. It’s nice to have a challenger! Although solar was a huge factor this month. =) July’s total paid for half our trailer!
Totals For 2020
Dividends Year To Date Total – $3,845.84
Other Passive Income Year to date – $5,391.13
Total Passive Income for 2020 —– $9,236.97
Year End Goal – $17,200 ——– %53.70
$9,200 bucks.. It adds up fast doesn’t it? Puts a smile on my face every time! Stick to the plan and watch it grow.
July 2020 Purchases
Honestly I didn’t do many posts last month. Life has kept me busy. We continued with our plan though.
- We added 64 more shares of Algonquin Power when they issued more shares earlier this month. The price dropped and we got in at 17.05 per share. When Algonquin issues more shares its a great time to add to your position! This purchase added 39.70 usd to our forward income.
- We also added 9 more xaw etf this month. 250 a month every month. let’s get it. This added a couple bucks…
Read 3 Books I normally Wouldn’t Consider
- I didnt read much, more rich dad poor dad camping but generally the kids or projects have kept me busy this month. I need to step it up.
Go 3 Times and Pick Up Garbage
- This month I didn’t pick much up. There was garbage around the park in Finlayson but the wife was more concerned about me picking it up there due to covid. I dunno why that was such a issue there, but happy spouse happy house right? Guess I got to bring some gloves next time….
- We continue to make our monthly donation of 75 bucks to The Nature Conservancy of Canada
Increase Dividends by $1,713.42 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $7,500 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $61.59 to our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2020 is $796.64. 46.49% of our goal. Clearly behind on this goal.. but moving forward I want to focus more on quality and less on yield although more smart centers is really tempting me…
Etf Monthly Purchase of $250
- We added 9 more shares of xaw etf this month for roughly 250 bucks in our questrade account. Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
- Another goal I havent really focused on to be honest. Although we did grocerys yesterday and went healthy!
- Eating more greens and getting a lot of tomato’s and cucumbers from our garden but I wanted to be better here. yesterday I told the wife that me and her should do one week of clean eating and less meat. See how i feel after the week. Looks like a tonne of cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus. You know our pee is gonna smell next week!
Another fun filled month, but this month with a lot of added expenses.. August shouldn’t be that bad as all our camping trips are now pre paid and hopefully no big expenses pop up. Its an incredible thing to see these kind of totals.. I used to think it would take forever to achieve these kind of passive income streams. We have been at it just a couple years now. The future sure looks bright, start investing now and let the compounding begin!
Nice to see some sports again. Baseball looks like its unsustainable but the nba and hockey did things right. Heck of a comeback last night by the leafs. Here’s hoping they can play a full 60 minutes Sunday and move to the next round. Go leafs! and Raptors?? I dunno may have to jump on that bandwagon again, ALL ABOARD!
When Life Gives You A Hundred Reasons To Cry, Show Life That You Have A 1,000 Reasons To Smile. =)
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.