December 2021 Passive Income – Compounding Unleashed
December 2021 Passive Income
- 3 Dividend Raises
- 3 sources of passive Income
- $913.94 from dividends
- 14 stocks/units dripped in December
The market bounced back. arg! Haha I would love to see lower prices for longer. Obviously at this point the market is basically dusting covid off as nothing. Everyone I know is getting sick either a cold/flu or covid, who knows the symptoms are the same these days. Hospitalizations are down and the narrative seems to sound like its time to move on with our lives. I couldn’t agree more! Let’s go (Edit schools are closing and we are going into lockdown – awesome)
December flew by but was full of good times
- Me and the wife went away to Mexico for a week, right before things hit the fan. A much needed break, soaking in those rays!
- Got together with my side of the family the week before Christmas
- Hung with the wife’s side of the family cousins in a gymnastics gymnasium for Christmas, that was fantastic to see all the little cousins playing together once again.
- Unfortunately my sister in law got covid when she went to new york (shes fine minor symptoms) and the wife’s parents saw her before her test, so they all had to quarantine. Christmas was just me, the wife and kids. Lego’s and polly pockets. Haha
- The ice rink blew apart when we went to Mexico (we had 50 mm rain one day and the supports blew out as the lawn was so soggy) Got it all fixed up and half flooded. Its 5 degrees today Dec 31st, but next wk looks like the cold is coming finally. Ill fill it this weekend and lets see if we can let er rip next weekend!
Alright, Let’s Get To Our December 2021 Passive Income
Raises or Cuts
- National Bank continued the bank raises into December with a 23% dividend raise. This added $37.12 to our forward dividends.
- TD Bank raised theirs 12.6% This one added $52.80
- Enbridge bumped theirs by 3% adding $39.32
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2021 – $556.29
The banks continued with their raises into December, then Enbridge. This is our highest ever total for dividend raises and does it ever feel great. The Enbridge raise also pushed their dividend income to over $1,000 a year, our first stock to do that. Awesome!
December 2021 Dividend Income
13 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||December 2020 Income||December 2021 Income|
|Brookfield Property Partners||121.14 (6 Drips)||sold|
|Riocan||31.68 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Extendicare||19.20 (3 drips)||sold|
|Lockheed Martin||89.60 usd|
|Canadian National Railway||44.28||59.04|
|Canadian Utilities||90.56 (2 Drips)||95.00 (2 Drips)|
|Smart Centers||25.59 (1 Drip)||33.30 (1 Drip)|
|Brookfield Renewable||83.28 (1 Drip)||87.81 (1 Drips)|
|Manulife Financial||59.07 (2 Drips)|
|Suncor Energy||84.42 (2 Drips)|
|RIT ETF||66.15 (3 Drips)|
|Enbridge||220.32 (5 Drips)||242.15 (3 Drips)|
14 stocks Dripped in December
A 18.30% growth rate year over year. I’m very happy with that. We see that juicy Lockheed Martin Dividend now, suncor and Manulife. All new positions. That Enbridge div is getting really chunky too.
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $25.27 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
Solar Panel Income
In November (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 231.90 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $66.79 into our chequing account this month.
Last November the system generated $82.66 so we are a little under, but the year before we got 62 bucks. Can’t control the weather!
Total Income for 2021 – $2,390.43
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$9,877.24
Amount to Break even —- $-22,519.22
Total December 2021 Passive Income – $1,480.73
December 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,355.16
A $125.57 difference, not bad, not bad at all. It keeps going up. =)
Totals For 2021
Dividends Year To Date Total – $7,946.56
Other Passive Income Year to date – $9,063.35
Total Passive Income for 2021 —– $17,009.91
Year End Goal – $17,390.71 ——– %97.81
Just missed the goal. Pretty dam close though. In 2020 we brought in $15,710.52 so its a pretty nice year over year gain either way!
December 2021 Purchases
We kept things really simple this month. 1 Purchase. We spent a little more than I expected in Mexico and of course spoiled the kids for Christmas. All good, you gotta spend it too.
This month we continued to add to our suncor position. As I’ve said in previous posts, next earnings is going to be huge.
bought 32 more shares of suncor which adds $53.76
Financial Goals Update
- We continue our monthly donation to The Nature Conservancy of Canada of $85.
- In total we donated $940 in 2021.
Increase Dividends by $1,680.19 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $8,329.13 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2021 is $1679.82 A couple cents short of our goal.
Our current dividend portfolio has a forward income of $8,714.19 so we surpassed the goal but I must of missed something throughout the year. A good problem to have as its higher than anticipated. =)
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 0 more units of xaw etf.
- This is the first time we didnt add to our position monthly, money was tighter this month and I prefered suncor to be honest,
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
December 2021 Passive Income Conclusion
Well that’s a wrap on 2021. There’s no question this was a great year to be an investor. As we look among the community we see people setting new records and posting some fantastic returns. Will 2022 continue to impress? Time will tell, but as always we will stay invested and compounding do its thing!
I wish you all a wonderful 2022. Thanks for following along with our journey, there’s no question it keeps me motivated to continue to grow and improve.
How was your 2021? Did you smash your records? Whats your goal for 2022?
Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book, write a good one- Brad Paisley
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.
Congrats Rob for your 913,94$ in dividends this December! 🎉 It seems that your REIT ETF $RIT (CI Canadian) is doing better than $ZRE or even $XRE down part, the MER is 0,86%. Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know. Keep up the good work. Always nice to read & follow your journey! 😃👍
thanks Dividends. Rit has treated us nicely and it’s nice to set it and forget it. cheers
Congrats on a great finish to the year! Love how the passive income grows each year. Keep up the great work! 🙂
Its a beautiful thing, should of started earlier =) haha cheers
Crushed your previous monthly dividend income record by 58-cents…. better celebrate with a couple beers!
I’m still envious of your Enbridge drips as my broker doesn’t allow them. Overall another solid month for you, with a big increase in December dividend income vs. the September dividends you’ll be at $1,000 in these months very soon.
haha thx Norm
cracked a couple last night and watched the leafs win another one. Weird that in todays day and age they still arent doing the drip, guess it gos through compushare vs the broker buying and distributing.
cant wait to break 1k.
Great that you were able to get away to Mexico before this lockdown. I’m sure it was a great time.
Your portfolio is definitely on fire. Getting to quadruple-digits with the ENB dividends for next year is pretty cool. Thinking BCE is likely to do that for me….
Keep it up!
Bce is one of our higher dividend payers as well, plan on boosting our telus position first though.
Congrats on the excellent close to the year! It’s been pretty good for me as well. Dividends paid increased by nearly 25% YoY and forward dividends for next year by 33%. Enbridge isn’t at the point of paying four figures yet, but it’s getting there. Keep at it in 2022.
wow thats fantastic John. Huge yr over yr growth rate. Lets hope we can keep these growth rate numbers up but the law of big numbers will hurt haha
keep it up too John
Great month and great finish to the year, I love it! Keep it up.