August 2021 Passive Income – Great Times!
August 2021 Passive Income
- 0 Dividend Raises
- 4 sources of passive Income
- $322.99 from dividends
- 5 stocks dripped in August
Hey Hey Hey!
The market just keeps showing green. Its actually a little annoying, show me some red! Haha You know what I’m saying? I’m still in accumulation mode.
What a fantastic month. Life really has been incredible lately for us (if we ignore all the covid related news) Its been hot hot hot and we have been doing our best to get out there and enjoy things. Work hard, play hard!
- We started the month off with a family camping trip to Darlington Provincial park. (there was 21 of us) It wasn’t my favourite park, a little to close to the city. But what it lacked in animals it made up with good conversation and just hanging with the family.
- The following weekend my parents watched the kids and me and the wife had a kid free weekend at a buddy’s cottage. It was a huge corn hole tournament. Normally Im pretty good, but the beers were cold and flowing nicely. We lost our first 2 games and were knocked out. During the night the hosts hired a band and we had a full force concert. It was incredible, nothing like hearing live music once again. We also hit up the tubes, kayaks, atv’s and brisket.
- The kids both finished soccer for the season. They both got metals, everyone gets a trophy these days right? My sons games are getting more competitive so its fun to watch, hes pretty good.
- The wife’s birthday was this month. We went out for Mandarin! Oh yeah we did it, nothing like all you can eat buffet. Got to sit right by the huge saltwater tank and the kiddos had a great time.
- We capped off the month with another camping trip to yet another new park – Earl Rowe. The place was really nice. Unfortunately the pool was closed for covid and the beach was closed due to ecoli. We still did some fishing, hiking and of course roasting those marshmallows. I think we will try this park out again.
3 out of the 4 weekends we were gone away. Its nice but you also start missing home… haha. September looks to be another great month, the season is short – get out there!
Alright, Let’s Get To Our August 2021 Passive Income
Raises or Cuts
Yet again no raises but I’m thinking Microsoft, General Mills and Lockheed Martin will come through this month.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2021 – $122.74
August 2021 Dividend Income
6 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||August 2020 Income||August 2021 Income|
|Riocan||30.72 (2 Drips)||sold|
|Extendicare||18.72 (3 Drips)||sold|
|Proctor & Gamble||18.98 USD||20.88|
|Abbvie||82.60 USD||91.00 usd|
|National Bank of Canada||25.56||41.18|
|Rit ETF||0||65.34 (3 Drips)|
|Smart Centers||24.98 (1 Drip)||32.68 (1 Drip)|
|General Mills||67.13 (1 Drip) USD||71.91 (1 Drip) usd|
5 stocks Dripped in August
Obviously these months continue to be our worst. We added to our national bank position recently so that was nice to see this month. Still gonna need a lot more shares to get that one dripping but slowly but surely it will grow.
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $6.32 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
Solar Panel Income
In July (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 983 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $283.39 into our chequing account this month.
Last July the system generated $339.55 Another month lower, was this weather or that maple tree? I got to check our solar system app out and see if all the panels are running fine.
Total Income for 2021 – $1,703.80
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$9,190.61
Amount to Break even —- $-23,205.85
Thanks to some of you for using our questrade link we received 70 bucks in affiliate income. We continue to use qt for our etf purchases monthly. National Bank recently came out with 0$ commissions so we may move all our accounts over there, but time will tell. Can’t really complain about questrade fees.
Total August 2021 Passive Income – $ 1,176.38
August 2020 Passive Income – $ 1,145.39
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $30.99
A slight increase is still an increase! Clearly I have been selling off most of our monthly dividend payers and since that money gets allocated to other months, it hurts these ones. All good as long as quarter over quarter continues to grow.
Totals For 2021
Dividends Year To Date Total – $4,990.66
Other Passive Income Year to date – $6,306.73
Total Passive Income for 2021 —– $11,297.39
Year End Goal – $17,390.71 ——– %64.96
We should be getting 8.3% a month and with 8 months done we should be at 66.40%. These months always knock us slightly behind, luckily the other 2 months of the quarter knock us back up. Let’s Go!
August 2021 Purchases
I didn’t write a post this past month on our most recent purchases but I did continue to grow our portfolio.
We bought 75 shares shortly after their recent quarterly earnings. (which were really good)
- Starting yield of 4.62%
- Payout ratio of around 40%
- 5 yr div growth rate 10.90%
I plan on continuing to grow this position. With the market continuing to go green, this stock still seems like a good value.
This purchase added $84.00 to our forward dividend total.
We added another 4 shares to our lmt position.
Let’s be honest the world is a mess at the moment. Especially with what is happening in Afghanistan. Its sad to see. This stock in my view is a great place to be and its continues to be a undervalued wide moat stock. I really don’t see defence spending going down, if anything I could see it going up in this political landscape. They also will most likely announce a decent dividend raise in September. Sweet!
- Starting yield of 2.90%
- Payout ratio of around 44.35%
- 5 yr div growth rate 9.52%
This purchase adds $41.60 in forward dividends.
Added 10 more xaw to the portfolio as well.
Adding about $4.06 =)
In total we added $129.66 to that forward income with these new purchases.
Financial Goals Update
- This month we decided to increase our monthly donation to The Nature Conservancy of Canada up to $85 from 75
Increase Dividends by $1,680.19 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $8,329.13 a year)
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2021 is $879.89 52.36% of our goal.
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 10 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my link though.
August 2021 Passive Income Conclusion
Another great month overall, while the income is lower in these months its slowly climbing up. Surprisingly with all the things we were up to this month we put a decent amount of capital to work. The community as a whole continues to set new records in dividend income. Dividend growth investing is a great way to go. Keep it up everyone!
How was your August? Do anything cool? Buy any stocks?
Sometimes your joy is source of your smile, but sometimes, your smile can be the source of your joy – Thich Nhat Hanh
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.