Passive Income – September 2019
Passive Income – September 2019
Another wonderful month has passed us by, I hope you all enjoyed it. The weather sure has been nice for this time of the year. September was a lot more laid back but we always make sure to go out and enjoy things.
- At the start of September we went to the Toronto Air show. Our son lite right up when the first planes came out but quickly got bored… Arg. haha suck it up buttercup, your staying with me to watch it. It was pretty good, but there definitely isn’t as many military planes as they used to be.
- We did the yearly apple picking thing with the kids and followed it with a fair and demolition derby. Do I ever love fair season, we will most likely go to another in October. I love derby’s and our son is old enough now to pick a car each time he things will win. Our daughter likes the animals and snacks! Rides are cool, but pretty expensive. They make sure to hit a couple though.
- Had a couple bbq’s with neighbours and friends. Always good times.
- Finished the major project around the house I wanted to do this year. (Smashed old cracked concrete around house, removed about 12″ of gravel, Created a retaining wall for a raised bed, Filled it and planted it up with Rose of Sharon’s)
Now let’s get to the money….
Raises or Cuts
- Emera raised their dividend 4.3% this month. This adds $9.50 to our forward dividends.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises so far in 2019 – $174.13
12 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||September 2018 Income||September 2019 Income|
|Corus Entertainment||20.62 (5 Drip's)||sold|
|Shaw||30.71 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Canadian National Railway||28.21||33.33|
|Riocan||39.84 (One Drip)||29.28 (1 drip)|
|Interpipeline||0||28.22 (1 Drip)|
|Brookfield Property||0||92.13 (3 drips)|
|Brookfield Renewable||68.45(One Drip)||97.91(1 Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||0||20.80 (1 drip)|
|Enbridge||236.18 (4 Drip's)||160.89 (3 Drips)|
|Canadian Utility's||74.73 (Two Drip's)||83.69 (2 Drips)|
|Extendicare||16.76 (2 Drip's)||17.72 (2 Drips)|
14 stocks Dripped in September.
September 2019 Dividend Total = $612.81 A very minor growth rate….
September 2018 Dividend Total = $605.19 (Previous Dividend Income)
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $22.36 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
The growth rate is very minimal. While this seems disappointing these months are where I sold the majority of our stocks to buy the 2 new (to us) cars this year. I got a extra stock of Enbridge dripping this quarter due to their low price, but got 1 less of brookfield renewable after their run up this year.
Is this the change from investors moving from oil to renewable energy? Time will tell, but renewable’s have been on a tear so far this year.
This will be our last payment from Dream Global as they are in the process of getting bought out for almost a 20% premium. Another great holding of ours, locking in almost a 40% gain since we bought them in December and January.
For some reason they have discontinued their dividend, but I have decided to keep our shares until they are bought out. (The difference between the sell price now and the buyout is basically 3 months of dividends) With the market at these levels I don’t know where to redeploy the proceeds at the moment. Hopefully in December there are some nice opportunities.
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In August (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 1,244 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $358.27 into our chequing account this month.
55 bucks more than last September, Very Nice!
Total Income for 2019 so far – $2,016.27
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$4,532.23
Amount to Break even —- $-27,864.23
Thanks to some of you for using our amazon links to access amazon we got paid $21.17 this month.
Total September 2019 Passive Income – $1,492.25
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – Negative
A Negative growth rate??? Disgusting! haha It’s all good, last year google tossed us over 100 bucks or we would be on the positive side of things. Solar was up 50 bucks this year too. Again the cars are a big factor, too many moving pieces. Looking back I like all companies we cut. I want to focus on dividend growth stocks, there’s still some fat to cut on that end.
Totals For 2019
Dividends Year To Date Total – $4,301.39
Other Passive Income Year to date – $7,110.85
Total Passive Income for 2019 —– $11,412.24
Year End Goal – $15,500 ——– %73.63
September 2019 Purchases
We kept things really simple and boring, adding another 24 shares of Bell Canada in our resp. This added 76.08 to our forward income.
- I want to read 10 books this year. I finished reading the 5 love languages this month. It was a slow read, but I definitely learned some things and feel it did help our relationship =) Also almost done listening to the new rich dad poor dad book on my commute Fake. Fake Money, Fake Teachers, Fake Assets. Pretty good and yet kind of depressing. Gold, Gold, Gold….. 6/10 all yr (I Don’t include audio Books).
Get A Will – DONE. You can read about that here.
- Picked up some Garbage – Nothing special, saw some garbage and threw it out.
- Charities – Continued our monthly $50 donation to The Nature Conservancy of Canada. Also bought a bunch of girl guide cookies. Does that count? Always support the kids in your community!
- Increase Dividends by $1,100 this year. With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $107.94 to our dividend Portfolio. So far in 2019 we have added $846.2 (%76.92 of our goal.) (Lost $446.94 on sale for car, but want to keep this separate)
Reduce Screen Time before Bed – Slacking. Needs Improvement
Not a massive growth rate on both fronts. Is it a little depressing? Sure. Any regrets? Nope I love both our new cars and don’t miss the repairs anymore. The portfolio is getting better than it used to be as well. More blue chip wide moat stocks, I try not to chase yields anymore. Although Altria is starting to seduce me at these levels……. haha
How was your month? Setting new records? If you Hold it did you sell Dream Global or Holding on to it like me?
Wish you all the best, Cheers! That concludes our September 2019 Passive Income Report.
“A solid sense of self will help a person to lead a full and happy life” – Kimberly Elise
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.