Passive Income – August 2019
Passive Income – August 2019
August is not even done yet and he’s throwing down his Passive Income Post. I got a rain morning and received my last dividend for the month, so why not?
August was another wonderful month, not as busy as July, but that was very nice.
- I spent a weekend playing with the kids and weeding all our gardens. May sound boring but weeding to me is pretty relaxing, especially with the radio in the background. My son is like a Frisbee superstar!
- Went to African Lion Safari with just our daughter. Daddy – Daughter time. This was really fun as she loved the animals and shows, but fell asleep half way through the bus ride……..
- It was my wife’s birthday this month so we dropped the kids off at my sister’s and stayed at Pelee Island for the night. We rented a tandem bike and cruised the island and then relaxed at the winery. It’s been awhile since we were kid free for a night, so that was a nice change.
This long weekend we have no plans, other than relax. Maybe have some friends over for a bbq and fire one day and check out the Toronto Air show on the weekend. I love that stuff!
Raises or Cuts
- BNS raised theirs 3.44% this month. This adds $2.88 to our forward dividends. Bns typically raises twice a year and boosted theirs earlier in 2019. In total they raised it 5.88% this year, so far.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises so far in 2019 – $164.63
12 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||August 2018 Income||August 2019 Income|
|Proctor & Gamble||17.21||17.90 usd|
|National Bank of Canada||22.32||24.48|
|CVS Healthcare||15.50||15.50 usd|
|Corus Entertainment||20.14 (5 Drips)||sold|
|Shaw||30.61 (One Drip)||sold|
|Emera||51.42 (One Drip)||55.81 (One Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||0||20.73 (One Drip)|
|Interpipeline||0||28.07 (One Drip)|
|Riocan||39.72 (One Drip)||29.16 (One Drip)|
|Extendicare||16.68 (2 Drips)||17.64 (2 Drips)|
|General Mills||63.21 (One Drip)||65.17 (One Drip) usd|
7 stocks Dripped in August.
August 2019 Dividend Total = $346.80 11.47% growth rate
August 2018 Dividend Total = $311.10 (Previous Dividend Income)
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $9.22 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
A 11% plus growth rate. I’m happy with that. Double digits are always fantastic. The snowball keeps growing.
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In August (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 1,179 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $339.55 into our chequing account this month.
Slightly lower than last year, but got to love the months over 300 bucks!
Total Income for 2019 so far – $1,658.00
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$4,173.96
Amount to Break even —- $–28,222.50
Total August 2019 Passive Income – $1186.35
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $33.11
Again not a massive increase, but with the purchase of 2 new cars in the last year, you got to be happy with those results.
Totals For 2019
Dividends Year To Date Total – $3,688.58
Other Passive Income Year to date – $6,231.41
Total Passive Income for 2019 —– $9,919.99
Year End Goal – $15,500 ——– %66.13
June 2019 Purchases
With all the market turmoil there were some good deals out there in the market this month. We decided to double our position in 3m by adding another 6 shares. This added $34.56 to our forward income.
- I want to read 10 books this year. This month I finished reading Neil Pasricha’s Book – The Happiness Equation. It was a absolutely fantastic book, I highly recommend. I started reading the 5 love languages this month after hearing so many great reviews of it. 5/10 all yr.
Get A Will – DONE. You can read about that here.
- Picked up some Garbage – Nothing special, saw some garbage and threw it out.
- Charities – Committed to donating $50 a month to The Nature Conservancy of Canada. In a year will either contribute more or let my wife pick a charity she feels strongly about. (It comes out every month – set it and forget it) Also donated an additional 50 bucks to the Amazon fund.
- Increase Dividends by $1,100 this year. With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $46.66 to our dividend Portfolio. So far in 2019 we have added $738.26 (%67.11 of our goal.) (Lost $446.94 on sale for car, but want to keep this separate)
Reduce Screen Time before Bed – Pretty good month on this front. Lots of reading.
The market is all over the place, but the dividends keep on coming in. While this month is always our lowest month, there is some growth there.
Got to love seeing our total passive income stream is so close to the 10 thousand dollar mark already. Investing really is that easy if you just stick to the plan to pay yourself first.
How was your month? What Have You Been Buying or Doing?
Wish you all the best, Cheers! That concludes our August 2019 Passive Income Report.
“Don’t Judge Each Day By The Harvest You Reap, But By The Seeds You Plant” – Robert Louis
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.