June 2019 Passive Income
June 2019 Passive Income Update
Hey Everyone, Its time for one of my favourite posts. Our June 2019 Passive Income Update.
Its crazy to think that 2019 is now halfway done. Time continues to fly. June was another fantastic month.
- Our son finished senior kindergarten and is now moving on to grade one.
- I jumped on the Raptors Bandwagon and we won it all. Congrats to the raptors! It’s your turn leafs………
- We went camping at MacGregor point provincial park. This year we decided to try the group site (there was about 18 of us) and was pretty segregated. We didn’t see anyone unless we went on hiking trails or the park store. Yes even park wardens. Party Time! It was awesome, Highly recommend this park. Also wasn’t many bugs there, which was surprising because with all this rain bugs have been brutal this year.
- Went to a friend’s stag n doe and was the corn hole champ! (bean bag game) Won myself a new matthew’s leafs Jersey and won a couple other things in the raffles
Other than that enjoying the beers with friends and Hanging with family. Life’s good……
Raises or Cuts
Nothing happened in this category this time, which is a nice improvement over last yr when corus cut their dividend.
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises so far in 2019 – $161.75
12 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||June 2018 Income||June 2019 Income|
|Canadian National Railway||28.21||33.33|
|Richie Bros Auctions||33.70||sold|
|Auto Property Reit||sold|
|Shaw||30.42 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Corus Entertainment||19.57 (3 Drip's)||sold|
|Extendicare||16.52 (2 Drip's)||17.48 (2 Drips)|
|Riocan||39.48 (One Drip)||28.92 (1 drip)|
|Enbridge||233.50 (4 Drip's)||159.41 (2 Drips)|
|Inter Pipeline||0||27.79 (1 Drip)|
|Brookfield Property||0||92.40 (3 Drips)|
|Brookfield Renewable||67.25 (One Drip)||98.23 (2 Drips)|
|Dream Global Reit||0||20.60 (1 Drip)|
|Canadian Utility's||60.57 (One Drip)||82.85 (2 Drips)|
14 Drips this month. Always love those double digits!
June 2019 Dividend Total = $601.21
June 2018 Dividend Total = $621.28 (Previous Dividend Income)
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $22.27 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
Arg! A negative growth rate…. The new cars continue to hurt these year over year charts. These months of the quarter in particular with the sales of shaw, russell metals, and richie bros auctions. There is a $80 difference right there…. Too many moving parts, but the game is a long one. I’ll be back soon enough!
Love getting that first 3m dividend though.
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In May (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 990 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $285.12 into our chequing account this month.
Unfortunately this is also lower year over year. The weather wasn’t to kind to us the start of the year, but June looked a lot better weather wise! Also passed the 10% return mile mark. That’s nice =) Total Income for 2019 so far – $923.03
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$3,438.99
Amount to Break even —- $-28,957.47
Total May 2019 Passive Income – $1386.33
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – $121.73
Yup that’s a little demotivating. Lower solar income and dividend’s year over year hurt this. The solar difference was 100 bucks though. 20 bucks less in dividends really is minor when you factor in what 2 new car payments would be. The sun is shining these days, it will get better.
Totals For 2019
Dividends Year To Date Total – $2,845.38
Other Passive Income Year to date – $4,489.19
Total Passive Income for 2019 —– $7,334.57
Year End Goal – $15,500 ——– %47.31
June 2019 Purchases
As always we continued to make our money work for us. Last month we added to our position in Abbvie by buying 15 shares before their massive acquisition. I still have mixed feelings about this move but its growing on me. This purchase adds $64.20 usd to our forward dividend’s.
- I want to read 10 books this year. I stopped reading as a man thinketh and started reading Chris Hogan’s – Everyday Millionaires. (It’s not bad, but I still don’t understand why in 2019 they still push mutual funds) 3/10 all yr.
Get A Will – DONE. You can read about that here.
- Picked up some Garbage – Grabbed a bunch while hiking and at the beach camping. Also enticed my son and his friend to clean up the park after soccer for ice cream after. (They would of gotten ice cream anyways, but it was cool to see how excited they were to clean all the garbage)
- Charities – Committed to donating $50 a month to The Nature Conservancy of Canada. In a year will either contribute more or let my wife pick a charity she feels strongly about.
- Increase Dividends by $1,100 this year. With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $86.47 to our dividend Portfolio. So far in 2019 we have added $606.26 (%55.11 of our goal.) (Lost $446.94 on sale for car, but want to keep this separate)
Reduce Screen Time before Bed – Room for improvement. Id say 50/50. These phones are addictive!
A fantastic month of activity’s, but our June 2019 passive income report sported some lower numbers. I saw this coming…. You can either beat yourself up or pick yourself up and keep going. I choose the latter. While it’s unfortunate to see negative numbers compared to last year, the momentum is there. Look at all those drips!
Taylor Swift told me to shake it off, I guess I will….. haha!
How was your month? Do any camping? Did you grab any Abbvie on the cheap?
Wish you all the best, Cheers!
“When You Stop Chasing The Wrong Things You Give The Right Things A Chance To Catch You”
– Lolly Daskal
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.