Dividend Growth Investing – Looking 30 years Into The Future

1. Nice man – you are well on your way.

Just curious – what Yield are you using? To add 1000 a year in dividend income from previous years investments…assuming say 4% yield, you’d need to invest 25k per year each year. Just curious what number you used, and if you think its doable.
    Also – what % of this is TFSA vs RRSP? 90k a year in TAX FREE dividends would be insane..hah
    [email protected] recently posted…Stock Talk: ETF’s, Algonquin, Power Corp, Artis & Interrent ReitMy Profile

hey Jordan

thanks man.

You nailed the nail on the head. I was using a 4% yield. 2k a month should be doable with the wife back at work (if we can hold back on other projects around the house… lol)

Also i drip probably 100-200 a yr in forward dividends currently, so this will actually get easier as time progresses and the portfolio grows.

It will be cool looking at this going forward and comparing the results.

cheers man!

2. German says:

100% agree with you Rob, dividend growth stocks is the way to move forward. High yields like REIT are good for retired/wealthy people because they can put a million into 6% yield, instead of 4% yield and enjoy an extra 20K per year. But for us, the youngsters, we need to invest in growth, to grow the dividend and equity at the same time. You listed 10 stocks that you would like to sell and buy dividend growers. You don’t have to sell them all at once. When you make your monthly transfers to your portfolio, you can sell one stock at the time, combine that with fresh capital and invest in new company. This way you will gradually consolidate and re-balance your portfolio. It feels like you cracked the code for success, Rob. I can feel the excitement in your article. Get them, the good stocks and let’s make the money you deserve!
    German recently posted…The Cheapest REIT in CanadaMy Profile

haha

Love it German, yeah its exciting seeing it all written down like that.

You are exactly right about the sales, I sold 2 the end of last week and plan on deploying that capital with new money this friday.

I dont think ill sell them all, but there is some fat to be cut for sure!

3. Jimmy Soucy says:

What do you use for tradding And what do you think about weathlsimple trade app.

hey Jimmy

I use rbc direct investing for simplicity.

wealthsimple trade sounds good but as of right now its for non registered accounts only.

which sucks because all my accounts are registered at the moment. tfsas, resp and rrsps.

Once they are all maxed maybe their app would be the way to go. Atleast by then there will be more reviews on them.

Hope that helps, sorry I dont got much more info.

My buddy uses questtrade though and seems to enjoy it, if your looking for other options.

cheers!

• Jimmy Soucy says:

Thanks,
        Exactly I just noticed after my comment that i cant use my TFSAS account on it …

i will wait and see.

Long live DGI – ALL the way baby! 5% growth rate is conservative and look at what happens in a normalized growth rate environment. Love the charts, as that usually turns the heads or drops the jaws.

Dividend Diplomats recently posted…February Dividend Income from YOU the Bloggers!My Profile

5. Hey Rob,
    This is a great, enjoyable exercise. I’ve done this a few times with charts to see where I could get to in the next ten-fifteen years. Your growth rate of 5% is very modest and likely very achievable. While some companies like REI.UN don’t offer much growth, they do provide a healthy payout that you can then use to reinvest into other higher paying companies. I picked up REI.UN way back in 2009 and have been using those payments to fuel my other dividend positions for years.

Take care,
    Ryan
    Get Rich Brothers recently posted…Ten Years From The Market BottomMy Profile

hey Ryan

couldnt agree more. Its always great to have a path showing you where you are going or want to go.

Im a big fan of riocan so doubt ill be getting rid of that one.

cheers Ryan!