March 2019 – Watchlist

1. Hey Buddy,

BNS is always on your watchlist..haha

I bought TCL (unfortunately I should have waited an extra week as the price dipped right after i bought)

If I get a bigger than expected tax refund, I might plop an extra 100-200 shares of TCL into my RRSP

Im curious to see what will happen with Boeing as well – maybe some huge lawsuits – depends what comes out in next little while
    [email protected] recently posted…Hi. My name is Jordan & I have an RRSP Problem.My Profile

haha sup man

Its definately the #1 stock id like to start dripping.

tcl seems a great buy and might be taking my money. decisions decisions….

yeah most likely huge lawsuits. Saw norweign air was taking legal action already. Im sure others will follow suit.

Glad i didnt go away for march break. 1,000s of people will be delayed coming back.

cheers man!

2. John says:

I have been adding to BNS on weakness for a few years. My ACB is somewhere in the high 50’s. They’re in a bit of a rough spot right now, but I believe in the overall growth strategy. Definitely a slightly different pick among the big 5!

My most recent buy this month is a new position in IPL. Seems like a decent entry point!

hey John

nice man! Would love to have a average cost basis in bns in the 50 area!

Ipl is a nice pickup. That is one I see alot of people buying lately. I added to them last month and got a full position in them for the time being.

keep it up
      cheers!

3. CVS looks really interesting, I am going to add it on my own watchlist! The dividend is safe in my opinion and the yield looks pretty juicy at the moment.
    Dividend Deluge recently posted…Recent Buy – Iron Mountain Inc.My Profile

4. German says:

Just be careful with TCL. The food packaging business has nothing to do with e-commerce. I would do more research there. They face big competition as a lot of food packaging comes from China. Way cheaper there. It would be nice for them to focus on shipping boxes to grow with e-commerce demand. Because anything that’s bought online has to be shipped in a box. It could be a nice short term trade since the price has tanked, but be careful.

Boeing has a serious problem. Even if they fix the problem with 737 MAX 8, Airlines could easily cancel future orders and opt out for Airbus instead. Airbus A320 a rival to Boeing 737, is the safest airplane in the world. Assuming Boeing comes up with a fix and another crash happens then that will be the end of 737 MAX 8/9/ program. We’re talking thousands of orders in backlog. People will be afraid to fly in them and won’t book the flights. People were rebooking flights even before the 737’s were grounded. The airlines will chase the money.

I like the BNS pick. It’s actually my pick as well for March 🙂
    German recently posted…Be grateful and appreciate the things you have!My Profile

hey German

great points about tcl and like i said it is probably the riskiest pick of the 4.

Love the points on boeing and it reminded me of your youtube page. You know alot about airplanes.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Depending on how major the issue is, which we will soon find out.

cheers German

5. DivvyDad says:

While I don’t currently own any, BNS looks quite attractive! I’m not a fan of CVS myself, as I’d like to see them start to manage that debt and the freeze on the dividend makes me shy away from opening a new position. All the best with whatever you decide to buy!
    DivvyDad recently posted…Dividend Income Report :: February 2019My Profile

hey dd

Great points and I agree completely. Their debt load is pretty huge and the dividend freeze does steer me away.

6. jukka says:

Finally bit the bullet and bought MSFT.
    Next on the line is ROK.

hey Jukka

nice. Microsoft may be one Id add to my portfolio in the future. Its a solid tech stock (if thats such a thing)

Curious why rok at current prices?

7. Thanks for sharing, Rob! I appreciate it because it has become harder to find cheap stocks again recently. I need to take a look at ABBV since I keep hearing it being talked about. Have a good one man!
    Reverse The Crush recently posted…Make Saving Money Your CareerMy Profile

hey Graham

No problem, you are right the market just keeps running and running. There are still some deals out there but you need to look for em for sure.

8. GYM says:

Can’t go wrong with Canadians banks!
    I saw lots of ads for Abbvie products when I was in DC last week.
    GYM recently posted…What is a Margin Account? Risks and Alternatives to ConsiderMy Profile

hey Gym

Yeah those banks have all done very well for me, since owning them.

Cool to hear your xp with abbvie. I dont go to the states much, so its nice to hear some prospective from down there.

cheerz!

9. Connie says:

I just got an “offer to purchase for cash” from Power Corporation for the stocks that I have. I’m pretty new to buying stocks. Has anyone had this happen before? Do you have to accept the offer or can you hold the stock? Just curious what other people have done and how it affected their holdings.

hey Connie
      I never knew power Corp was doing that. Pretty cool, they must think their stock is really undervalued. I have recently gotten letter’s from Brookfield Property Partners wanting me to sell my shares to them.

Its a great sign if your a going to hold that stock for awhile. I don’t know your letter specifically but I had the option to sell for cash or hold my stocks. I choose to hold my stocks, as I feel this is a big sign management really feels their stock is too cheap. The buyback’s should help the share appreciation in the future.

Hope that helps,

• Connie says:

Thanks Rob! My intention is to hold the stock and not sell, but I had wondered if it would be detrimental in any way. I guess I’ll wait and see! Thanks again!

10. Just doubled my position in BNS myself. Got in right before the ex-dividend date so should see the dividends roll in right off the bat. Everything else just seems too expensive right now so harder to find value.
    Dividend Daze recently posted…Dividend Update – February 2019My Profile

hey daze

Nice buy! I may of bought a bunch myself today. Love seeing those dividends right after you make the purchase. (well next month)

Yeah this market is full of 52 week highs……

cheers man!