February 2019 – Passive Income Update
February 2019 – Passive Income Update
We have been absolutely hammered this month, making up for all of last year too. So much snow and ice and I think we are getting another 5 centimeters tonight. Bah Humbug…
Luckily it’s march now. (That even feels good typing it out) The weather will start getting warmer and we can migrate back outside.
February was a pretty good month. Our son had his birthday and that was a relatively small event (think 40 people) at a kids indoor playground and arcade. I did some ice fishing with a couple buddies of mine, busted out the GT’s with the kid’s and did some tobogganing.
On the income side of things February was great with oh so many dividend raises.
Let’s Get to that Income.
Raises or Cuts
This may be a record month for me with all these dividend raises.
- Brookfield Property Partners (BPY.UN) – Raised their dividend by 4.8%
- This added $12.14 to our forward income.
- Brookfield Renewable (BEP.UN) – Raised theirs 5.1%
- This added $13.90 to our yearly total
- Cisco (CSCO) – Boosted their dividend by 6%
- An additional $10.72 a year
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) Raised theirs 2.35%
- Adding $4.08 to their income
- Td Bank (TD) increased their dividend 10.44%
- This added $33.28 to our total
- Transcontinental (TCL.A) – Bumped up theirs 4.8%
- Bumping up their dividend’s by $4.48
In total these 6 raises added $78.60 to our income. Sweeeet!
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises so far in 2019 – $131.54
15 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||Feb 2018 Income||Feb 2019 Income|
|Potash Corp of Saskatchewan||18.20||n/a|
|National Bank of Canada||21.60||23.40|
|Proctor and Gamble - USD||0||17.21|
|Abbvie - USD||0||36.38|
|CVS Healthcare - USD||15.50||15.50|
|Corus Entertainment||18.62 (2 Drips)||sold|
|Shaw||30.02 (One Drip)||31.21 (One Drip)|
|Dream Global Reit||0||20.33 (One Drip)|
|Emera||0||54.64 (One Drip)|
|Riocan||39.00 (One Drip)||28.44 (One Drip)|
|Extendicare||16.28 (2 Drips)||17.16 (2 Drips)|
|General Mills - USD||62.23 (One Drip)||64.19 (1 Drip)|
7 Drips this month. Not bad, but one of our lower month’s for sure.
February 2019 Dividend Total = $350.69 (%30.12 higher yr over yr)
February 2018 Dividend Total =$269.51 (Previous Dividend Income)
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $8.69 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month.
Got to love seeing these purple lines, growing and growing. March will be a interesting month as I switched up so much of our Enbridge position.
Private Investment Payment – $500.00
Nothing new here, just our regular monthly payment. (I don’t even have to edit this part every month) Steady Eddy…….
In January our solar panel system generated 228 kWh. Since we get paid a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour Hydro One deposited $65.66 into our chequing account this month. Womp Womp… But surprisingly it’s quite a bit more than last year, so that’s nice. Total Income for 2019 so far – 129.88
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$2645.84
Amount to Breakeven —- $29,750.62
Total February – Passive Income – $916.35
Total Passive Income Increase over last year. – 11.95%
Not a bad growth rate overall. The solar was up $20 but other than that the growth was just dividend income.
Totals For 2019
Dividends Year To Date Total – $775.81
Other Passive Income Year to date – $1518.8
Total Passive Income for 2019 —– $2294.61
Year End Goal – $15,500 ——–%14.80
February 2019 Purchases/ Sales
This month we added to our position in Interpipeline. This purchase now creates a monthly drip of the company moving forward.
- I want to read 10 books this year. I started another social media book and got bored of it. So I started reading a new book on real estate investing. 0 books finished this month, so I’m still 1/10.
- Get A Will – We made our Wills this month! So Pass. You can read about that here.
- Picked up some Garbage – Still too much snow, so no progress here.
- Charities – I emailed a couple charities about a bigger donation but didn’t hear anything back. Time to sign up for something.
- Increase Dividends by $1,100 this year. With New Purchases, Drips and Dividend Raises this month we added $215.33 to our dividend Portfolio. Between January and February we have added $311.82 total. %28.74 of our goal.
- Reduce Screen Time before Bed – This month I really fell off the wagon on this front. Needs Improvement.
The market has continued to pop up and has increased our networth by quite a bit, but makes the buys a little harder. We don’t try to time the market though and continue to just throw cash into good companies at fair value. It’s great to see the dividend growth rate year over year this high on these months, as they are my lowest months. Gotta love that new Abbvie addition!
Dividend Raises were quite substantial this month and really point out that I should eliminate these non dividend raiser’s in the not to distant future to let the power of dividend growth investing work faster.
It was a fantastic month all across the board. No complaints here.
How was your month? Did you set some new records?
Wish you all the best, Cheers!
Work Hard, Stay Humble, Be Kind, Take The Leap – Unknown
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.