2019 Goals – Get It Done

1. Hey Rob,

All excellent goals I need to do some of these as well for example a Will I have been putting it off as well. I think your goals are all very achievable and I wish you all the best in accomplishing them.
    Matthew Freeman recently posted…First Dividend Raise of 2019My Profile

hey Matt

Thanks man, they will be done. I don’t think you need a will that bad. Your single looking to mingle! With no dependents. Lol. Of course it would make it simpier for your estate though. My kids need me to make a will…

2. DivvyDad says:

Great goals Rob, and at first I did do a double take on the pick up garbage goal but that makes a lot of sense and is a great thing to do for the betterment of the community. We had been doing regular contributions to a handful of charities via payroll contributions, however now that I have changed jobs I need to re-create that manually.

On the screen time, I started doing that last year (although tailed off over the holidays) and it really helps. Reading was usually my go-to as it helps tire me out. As far as reading, I’d like to make a recommendation of The Compound Effect–both because I think it will help towards your reading goal but I think it is also applicable towards some of the other goals.

While I didn’t include it in my goals, I will state here that I too will adopt the goal of creating a will this year. It is hard to call someone out on it when I haven’t done it myself. 🙂
    DivvyDad recently posted…Forecasting Projected Annual Dividend IncomeMy Profile

hey dd

haha. I hear ya. You didnt exactly call me right out, but pointed out yet again that i need one…

Thanks for the book recommendation I’ll check it out for sure.

The garbage one is kinda unique but sometimes i see people doing that on the side of the road and think dam thats awesome of them

cheers man!

3. p2035 says:

Good luck with your plans especialy the garden. Trying to make one at home in apartmant as we havr 3 m2 glassed balcony 🙂 My plan is 20% saving rate, cash accumulation and lose weight. Other goals are more or less technical nature 🙂
    p2035 recently posted…Y2019 GoalsMy Profile

4. Great set of both financial and personal goals! I have set financial goals for myself, but not personal goals… That is something I will have to look into more and set some. Best of luck with your goals for 2019! 🙂
    My Dividend Dynasty recently posted…Recent Buys – Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and Cardinal Health (CAH)My Profile

hey dynasty

Yeah its great to do both. Financially there is only so much you can do. Personal is a huge array of options.

good luck to you as well

5. Nice list of goals. I had Make a will as a goal for 2018…perhaps i’ll get it done in 2019…haha

Regarding the dividend income goal as being conservative..I don’t think so…to achieve an increase of $1100 this year, assuming a 4% yield, that would require an investment of $27,500. If that is conservative…i’d love to see your aggressive goals…haha

Always good to read more – and do your part to clean up the neighbourhood…good luck! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the garden when it’s done too!
    [email protected] recently posted…Stock Picking Contest(s)My Profile

hey Jordan

haha thanks man. That will is my #1 goal. Hopefully I learn something and can share it with all of you.

Its true about that dividend goal, hopefully the dividend raises help out quite a bit in that front as well.

Ill get some pics up once its all done.

cheers man!

6. German says:

Great set of personal goals. I like that you focus more on personal goals rather on financial goals. Once you plan the financial aspect – you’re done, because you’re just executing the plan monthly. But personal goals help you balance out your life for the better.
    German recently posted…A Little Favor For My WifeMy Profile

hey German

Thanks man, you are right. Finances have almost gotten to be on auto pilot. Things change all the time, but hopefully we can keep the financial side going up.
      There’s only so many goals you can make on that side of the equation.

Cheers mate!

7. Nice list of goals, Rob! I want to make a more personalized list of goals for this year too. So far I only have blogging and financial goals set. It’s really cool that you’re including charitable donations as a goal, and I want to focus on reading more this year too. I also want to focus on health and diet. I have not been donating to charities for a year or 2 but I have in the past. I donated to the Children’s Aid Society. Good luck with your goals man!
    Reverse The Crush recently posted…Financial Goals for 2019My Profile

hey Graham

Thats a great charity to donate too! Nice work.

I saw your blogging goals, its a great list. I didnt include any blogging goals this year. Just got to keep doing what im doing and improve along the way.

Traffic seems to follow. Id love to have more active conversations on the chat though.

Im almost done my first book it sure feels good to get back into that routine!

cheers Graham, lets hammer on these goals this yr!

8. GYM says:

Am I the only one who noticed this goal:

“some other extra curricular activity before bed”

Lol 🙂

Great list, I’m trying to reduce my total screen time or limit twitter time to 15 minutes a day. My iphone tracks the screen time and Twitter time, does your Android have that setting? I think you have an Android from what I recall
    GYM recently posted…6 Canadian Personal Finance Blogs to Follow in 2019My Profile

hey Gym

that is a great goal! The black hole that is social media definately sucks up quite a bit of time.

I dunno if my phone has that timer/setting. Dont think i wanna start tracking it! lol

You are the only one who pointed it out. haha, Good for cardio and a great relationship booster!

cheers gym.

9. Wally says:

Love the list of goals Rob and thanks for sharing them with us.

Any goals in relation to the website? I set a few goals as well on NYE, so I definitely have some work to do! Great way to keep your vision in check.

I think it will be a great year for the both of us!
    Wally recently posted…Tracking Expenses to FIREMy Profile

hey Wally

thanks, yeah 2019 should be a great year.

No this year I didnt set any website goals. The site is doing pretty well, hopefully it keeps its upward trend. But i didnt set any traffic goals or anything.

cheers Wally!

10. Hey Rob,
    Very nice list of goals and quite different from other lists. I like that some of them are based on helping others/nature (donate to charities, pick up garbage). It made me feel a little bit selfish 😀 Picking up garbage when running/walking is definitely something I could give a go to. It would be a great example for my growing baby-girl as well.
    I feel you with the book-buying thing. I thought that last year could be the year when I read more books than I bought. Unfortunately, I ended up with reading 12 and buying 15 😀 I set the goal to read 15 books this year 🙂
    Good luck on achieving the goals!
    BI
    BrokeInvestor recently posted…Goals for 2019My Profile

hey Broke

Thanks. Got to love hearing that. Its nice to be a little different. I think picking up trash is something so simple that everyone can do while out for their walk.

Theres no question kids start to emulate what we do, so its nice if they are watching what you are doing!

15 books is a great goal, time to head over and check your other goals.

cheers!

11. Divs4Jesus says:

Hey PCI – I’m hoping to hit around the same increase in dividends from roughly $1200 in 2018 to $2500 in 2019 – I think it’s doable if all goes well. Best of luck on all your goals. I’ll check back to review your progress.
    Divs4Jesus recently posted…A Recap of Divs4Jesus 2018 Dividend IncomeMy Profile

hey Divs

Welcome man, never seen ya around before
      Seems like a awesome goal, more than doubling your current income. Love it.
      All the best to you as well, Now let’s get this!
      cheers.