Stock Buys/Sales

1. Matthew says:

Hey Rob some nice moves here. TransContinental sounds very appealing. Also good job on diversifying the portfolio. I like the idea of trimming your stocks, you may have given me an idea I have quite a bit of Fortis and BCE that I could possibly trim.

Thanks
    Matthew

hey Matt

Thanks man. It definitely feels good trimming them down, Enbridge is a hard one at the moment… Still debating the Transcanada move.
      If they are a lot higher id say why not. Fortis to bip may not be a bad switch up. Same sectors and pay months. BIP may actually have a higher yield atm.
      cheers man!

2. Congrats on the buys. I’m a big fan of TCL – especially at these prices. Was #2 on my screen – and that was before it dropped so much. Definitely want to pick some of that one up – hopefully it stays low until the new year when I get my tax refund..hah
    [email protected] recently posted…November Dividend Update – Calm before the storm.My Profile

hey Jordan

Thanks man, yeah tcl has been all over the place. Up one day down another. Guess that’s the market though! Most likely things will continue to slowly go down, I don’t see any big deals at the moment to spark the market! Maybe if trump eliminates tariffs? lol
      Lucky the wife go’s back to work next month, We need to just keep throwing money at the market and enjoy the lower prices.

3. DivvyDad says:

It must be the season, as I’ve just finished tweaking my portfolio and will be sharing the details tomorrow. It looks like you’ve made some nice changes, and on the US side I do really like ABBV.

I’ve got a couple of overweight positions as well, but for now I’ve opted to leave them and focus new capital on the lagging positions. If I wasn’t happy with the performance of my overweight positions, I might trim some but for now I’m holding tight.

Keep up the great work!
    DivvyDad recently posted…Shuffle Up and Deal :: Tweaking the Dividend PortfolioMy Profile

hey dd

Glad to hear, lots of people make the same mistake.. It probably is the season, right at the end of the year. Tax loss harvesting creates some even better deals out there. Gotta say Abbvie is one of those stocks I have wanted for a long time. All you guys boasting about their massive dividend raises, now i can finally take part. Got to love it!

I feel ya about those overweight holdings, I love endbridge but man is it a huge chunk of my portfolio. lol! Look forward to seeing your moves.

4. Mistakes are going to happen. That’s part of dividend investing. It is important to take the right lessons from each investment and apply them going forward. Sounds like you are well on that path. But I like the purchases you made with your capital and I’ve added shares of ABBV over the last few months as well. I would like to add to my Canadian Bank exposure, so personally, I would have held TD. I own a small portion of CM but and considering adding to it, BNS, or one of the others. However, if you are overweight and are looking to shed, I understand your position. Enjoy the re-vamping and dividend income!

Bert

hey Bert

Thanks man! Yeah im a huge fan of td but felt it would be good to diversify a little more and maybe up a position in another bank to enable the drip.

definately love holding abbvie finally!

5. Those JNJ lawsuits sure raise a big questions about the company. I’m not planning to sell though, but it is interesting to see how that works out. Enbridge is still a newcomer in my portfolio as I bought some shares back in April. I am not planning to sell any shares in near future but it is only about 5 % of my portfolio too, so it is hard to say should you thin your position. Personally I probably would not sell any ENB shares, but that is just my opinion.
    Dividend Deluge recently posted…Net Worth Update – Q4 2018My Profile

hey Deluge

yeah its a hard decision… Ultimately i think i will trim my position a bit. Love them though. haha!

jnj will be fine, but definately makes you question their products.

6. TD, ENB and REI are really getting cheap. Since I don’t have TD yet, it will be a perfect opportunity to start a small position. I’m not sure about Transcontinental and how their digital transformation will take place. Hopefully the stock will turn around.

hey German

Riocan really hasnt been losing much but those canadian banks keep dropping!
      I think it would be a great time to buy them.

cheers!

7. Rob, thanks for sharing. Your blog indeed became faster. Following menu items results in black page with blue text (looks like not formatted) which is very hard to read. I wanted to message you through contact us but could not find it. It is better to discuss this kind of things not in the comments of this post but could not find another channel for communication?