October 2018 – Passive Income

1. Congrats on another solid month buddy!

Gonna be amazing once the solar panels have broken even and actually start making you some cash!

Regarding the comments…i’ve noticed the same thing.. I guess it gets repetitive to say good job every month..haha
    I assure you – even if I’m not commenting on every post, I’m reading them!

Happy Halloween!
    [email protected] recently posted…Transcontinental’s Stock Is CHEAP right now!My Profile

thanks man.

The panels are already making me money man. I refinanced for 2.5% and the panels will bring me 7-8% if im correct.

Hmmm your most likely right about the comments thing, good point. Also could be twitter since im active there.

I always try to leave a comment, great for the writer to see and interact with them. The backlink aint bad either!

Happy halloween man, have fun tonight

2. DivvyDad says:

Happy Halloween to you and your family! And I’m right there with you on those peanut butter cups! My other favorite is the 100 Grand bars, and not just because I am a money nerd haha.

The combination of your dividend income and other passive income streams are quite impressive. I really should start considering some other sources of passive income to help boost up that annual total as well.

Re: the comments, it is tough to say as I have seen some posts get very few comments and others that get quite a few. Also, I know that when I am coming across posts via Twitter, I tend to open and read the post but then reply via Twitter rather than leaving a comment–maybe because I am usually doing that on my phone or iPad and I find leaving comments to be easier when at my laptop. I also try to remain active in commenting elsewhere as that can help bring people back to my site to check things out and leave a comment.
    DivvyDad recently posted…Chill For Best ResultsMy Profile

hey dd

Nice! My kid killed it tonight and got like half a pillow case. 100 grand bars i cant think exactly what those are. keep thinking big turks.

so true about twitter, i think thats a big factor. As twitter had grown for me comments have dwindled.

As for other sources I would always encourage that.

cheers dad

3. Solid month Rob, happy halloween and hopefully next quarter you’ll crush the $400 again! Hope you’re doing well!

DI

4. Jose says:

Congratulations! Following your steps from overseas which gives me ideas to balance portfolios. Thank you for sharing!

5. May says:

I tend to comment more when I know other people who are commenting and becomes interactive with them. That’s why I comment lots on myownadvisor blog. I guess it takes a while to get there. You are doing pretty good, just be patient.

6. Hey Rob,

Great job on the totals. You’re heading into the final leg of the year with some momentum to reach your annual goal of $15k. Keep it up.

Take care,
    Ryan

hey Ryan

thanks man, dont think ill hit the goal with only 2 months remaining and the solar panels running out of steam.

Ahh well still a great run and impressive growth over last yr.

Just jealous on that Solar income! So awesome, congrats!

8. Nice month. Over 1k in passive income. Lots of companies paying out and different forms of income.
    Dividend Daze recently posted…Recent Buy – Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)My Profile

9. Rich O says:

Amazing work Rob, keep it up man!

10. Happy Halloween (I know I’m late, lol)! Congrats on an amazing month. I cant wait for the day when I make over $1K per month in passive income! Your passive income stream is very impressive! Keep up the great work! 🙂
    My Dividend Dynasty recently posted…October 2018 Dividend IncomeMy Profile

hey Dynasty

haha thanks man. Hmmm I honestly thought you broke 1k in dividends atleast once this yr. Im sure uou know better than me. If not your clearly around that area some months. You will hit it next yr for sure.

cheers mate.

11. Glad the weather cooperated for Halloween. Congrats on another solid month Rob. That’s a healthy double-digit increase from last year.

I wish I had suggestions for increasing comments. I’m working on the same as well as overall growth of the blog audience. I’ll let you know if I come across anything that works.
    Dividend Portfolio recently posted…Dividend Income Report – October 2018My Profile

hey Port

Thanks alot. The kids had a blast for halloween and now we get to all reap the rewards.

The income keeps coming in and its only a matter of time before this month in the quarter beefs right up.

Cheers mate, ill let you know if i find something as well

12. Overall it was anther great month! I like that little affiliate income from amazon. It’s a passive income as well!

13. GYM says:

I’m commenting!
    Good job on the Amazon affiliate! I did not know about that! I gave up on it because I didn’t get that sale in 3 months rule thing.
    Great job also on the dividend front 🙂
    GYM recently posted…GYM November 2018 Net Worth Update: -0.9%My Profile

Hey Gym

Thanks a lot. You should try it again and get a friend you know to buy something from your link. I thought for sure you would have it on your insta pot review. Seems like that would of been money!

LOve the comments
      Thanks/cheers

14. Caroline says:

I think the increase in traffic is great, you shouldn’t worry to much about the comments. I can’t get my traffic to grow much so a little envious:)
    Amazon dropped me just like GYM! It doesn’t help that I didn’t promote any products!
    Great job overall. Caroline

haha Caroline

You need to atleast promote your amazon affliate link. Next time… It slowly keeps on growing just got to work on the speed of my site and it should surely pickup. Its all this behind the scenes seo stuff…
      Thanks for commenting Caroline

15. Great job on the yoy increase and 8 drips, Rob! $368.45 is a nice haul of dividends. Your totals for the year are adding up. It’s great to hear the you’ve been able to put some extra change in your pocket from blogging as well. Great work man. Keep it up.
    Reverse The Crush recently posted…Dividend Income Update 17 | New Dividend Income Record! | October 2018My Profile

hey Graham

Thanks, I guess that’s dividend Investing as a whole. It is crazy to see how fast these dollars can turn into wads of cash. Gotta love it!
      The blog income is a nice perk for something I really enjoy doing.
      Cheers man

16. Love all the income streams you’ve got working, Rob. You’re generating some excellent returns in 2018.
    Quite the bump in income from Restaurant Brands… assume you added there.
    As for the Halloween candy, I like getting the Almond Joys that no one wants… love that coconut!
    Engineering Dividends recently posted…Monthly Dividend Income (Oct. 2018)My Profile

hey Paul

Thanks Man! Qsr raised their dividend 100% this year and yeah I bought more. Love the company.

We dont see too many almond joys around here. Like none.. lol

cheers Paul

17. As an electrical engineer I have to say it’s very interesting to see solar power in your portfolio. It’s good for the environment and the price you receive for each kWh is amazing! As a comparison, I currently pay about 15 cents/kWh (CAD) with taxes.
    Dividend Deluge recently posted…Recent Buy – AbbVie Inc. (Healthcare)My Profile

hey Deluge!

Thanks and welcome to the site!
      Honestly we tried to get panels a year before and got denied because of the grid…. It really bugged me thinking we couldn’t get them. Luckily I tried a year later and we got approved. I love them. Well not now, since they are snow covered! arg!

haha cheers!

• JamesB says:

Try not to think about them too much over the winter. Between now and March, you will be getting very little, but come March, you will be soaring again. Remember, Dec 21 is the shortest day of the year, and as soon as snow flies, you probably won’t get much of anything.

great points James.

Welcome to the site btw!

Atleast the snow on my panels, has finally melted off. Now for the next round of snow! haha.

• JamesB says:

Just for comparisons sake – on a 10Kw system, I got 129kwh in Dec, 198kwh in Jan, 363kwh in Feb and 1,003kwh in March last year.

yeah those are some low numbers.

I remember my first cheques at the beginning of last yr.