BNS – New Buy

1. Investing Pursuits says:

I am buying BNS as well. $325 check sent to purchase directly from Transfer agent. Won’t know the price of shares until they actual show in my account. One thing for sure, yield above 4% ☺!!

Hey Pursuit.

Great buy congrats. Definitely a higher yielding top 5 Canadian bank currently.
      Why send a cheque that seems so old fashioned haha. Isn’t it all online?

• It can actually be done online I believe through a debit for computershare. which is the transfer agent for BNS.

Likely, same with AST Financial which is the transfer agent for ENB

All my other stocks are through the brokerage include the BNS and ENB that are whole share amounts. Feels strange having 3 different ENB positions lol.

hey Pursuit.

yeah seems confusing. I like saving money but also like having all my investments in one place.

lol to each’s own

2. Funny I see you post about buying them right now. They are up pretty far on my watch list now. Missed out on the price earlier in the month, but the yield is still over 4% and I am lacking in the financial sector. Would make a great addition if I can come up with some capital. Nice buy.

hey Daze

thanks man. Surprised financials are so low for you, with the rising interest rate financials will benefit the most.

The us banks dont look so bad either!

look forward to seeing what you choose next buy.

cheers mate!

3. Yes, you finally pulled the trigger! It’s a great long term buy, Rob. That’s for sure. I’ve been checking the Canadian big banks regularly this year as I really like to add another one to my stock portfolio. Their growth numbers are stable and relatively on the high side. The diversification of BNS could definitely be a game changer.

Comgratulations with this nice pick! Good luck holding it forever ☺️

4. I also bought BNS in my wife’s TFSA. I keep her account more defensive compared to mine. Banks will benefit from interest rate increase and BNS trades at good value now. Nice buy!!

5. May says:

I feel I have too many BNS already, so no plan to add any in near future. I am watching NA though, want to initiate a position. Also want to add more TD. But both NA and TD look quite expensive at this moment. I know I might should just pull the trigger as it’s long term. Still debating…….

hey May

hmmmm I dunno national bank has a relatively low pe ratio but is near its 52 week high.

td is my favorite of all the canadian banks. long term id buy if you wanted it. That us exposure is great!

cheers May

6. Rob, Always good to have a little banking exposure in the dividend portfolio. Many happy returns. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…How To Increase Your Dividend IncomeMy Profile

Nice job! What was the yield at time of purchase, then? I need to make a move!!

hey Lanny.

i think it was 4.29%. Solid for a Canadian Bank!

lol no rush, gotta find that stock and price point you like.

cheers!