June 2018 – Passive Income Update

1. Rob,

Congrats on the new record. Glad to be a fellow shareholder of BNS, who should raise their dividend within in a few months. Telus should be a great holding for as well.

Unfortunate that Chorus cut their dividend and by that much. Hopefully, they can turn things around. I have had my share of dividend / distributions cuts.

I surpassed $500.00 for the first time with my blog portfolio.

hey Pursuit

Yeah I saw you passed the 500$ mark, that is awesome!

Just got my payment from telus, should be dripping one this quarter. Always love that.

i have faith Corus will bounce back

cheers man!

2. Congrats on a record breaking month! You total passive income is enormous! Keep up the great work! ๐Ÿ˜€
    My Dividend Dynasty recently posted…June 2018 Dividend IncomeMy Profile

3. Congrats man – looks like a bunch of people were breaking records this month! Sounds like you had a great Long Weekend (we just got back from the cabin as well).
    Corus is a tough one…Are you sure the payout ratio is only 19% after the cut? For some reason I thought they were in a way worse position – ill have to go over the financials again.

Hoping to post my June #’s tomorrow…I broke some records too. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jordan @ moneymaaster.com recently posted…Better know a Blogger: Matthew from All About The DividendsMy Profile

hey Jordan

hmmm you got me questioning it but im pretty sure I saw that somewhere reading about corus.

Yeah it was a great long weekend, lol could of been a little cooler sleeping in the tent though!

haha look forward to your report!

4. Those dividend cuts are tough. Have endured enough and they are just dividend growth/passive income killers. Glad that beyond that little blip everything is looking up for you Rob….. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diverisfy recently posted…Financial Independence DayMy Profile

Hey Tom

Its the 2nd one ive gotten so far. When boardwalk cut theirs the stock shot up shoetly after. Hopefully the same will happen to corus. No question I saw corus’s cut coming though.

learning lessons. Ahhh well learn and move on.

cheers Tom

5. Crushing the income mate! Too bad the cut happened and it was worse than expected, hold tight and who knows you’ll recover most of the position!

DI

6. Hi Rob,

you are crushing it over there! congrats! – 600$ in dividend income and your solar income is pretty impressive. A substantial amount of cash to work with.. good luck with your Corus position, a cut is never funny, but you’ll find a way to work around it.
    By the way: Germany is out of the World Cup of Soccer and they deserve it, it was horrible to watch;-). I enjoy the other matches though.

Take care and keep it up!
    DividendSolutions

hry solutions

thanks man!

This world cup has been one to remember. So many upsets to say the least!

Holland didnt make it so I didn’t watch so many games this year, just the odd one poolside.

cheers man!

7. Awesome work! Love seeing people post new records. Sucks on the dividend cut, but that happens to everyone from time to time. Will take some time to turn around, but if they are quality like you say they are, it will reward you to wait it out long term. Cheers!

hey Daze

thanks man. A minor hit in the big picture.

“I’ll just keep moving along, while singing my song” – Pete The Cat

8. MrSLM says:

Yeah, this heat is something isn’t it? I love it, but I have the luxury of going to hide in my AC’d house when I’m tired of it.
    MrSLM recently posted…Financial Update – June 2018My Profile

hey Mr

lol yup its pretty crazy today was 40 the next 2 days will be over 43 degrees with humidity.

good beach weather though!

9. Amazing result this month, Rob! Your YOY growth is astounding for this amount of income. Great job!

That’s too bad to hear about the dividend cut. I’ve never experienced one before but I do own some positions that have higher payout ratios. I try to keep those positions small relative to the core positions.

Hope you had a happy Canada Day weekend! It sure has been hot lately. Thanks for sharing!
    Reverse The Crush recently posted…677% YOY Growth! | Dividend Income Update #13 – June 2018My Profile

hey Graham

Thanks, its kinda hard to believe sometimes.

corus is/was a small position of mine.

The heat is good for waterparks but sucks for landscaping…..

10. GYM says:

Sorry to hear that Corus’ dividend got cut- never a good feeling. I know when HSE’s dividend got slashed I felt like crap for a few years. haha. Now it’s back!

Great job on the YoY amazing stuff!!! And you also set a record!! My YTD dividend yield is just over $3000 but this month I didn’t set a record. Last year I did though! Think I have some late straggler payments for June.
    GYM recently posted…7 Ways to Save Money on Gas: Pay Less at the PumpMy Profile

hey Gym

lol I did feel crappy for a bit, but its all good longterm. Glad yours worked out for ya.

3k in dividends already this year is great, im sure you will set some mew records in no time.

keep it up

11. June was another great month for you. A 306.86% growth rate YoY is fantastic! I really like your buy of BNS. itโ€™s a steady deliverer. Too bad you got a dividend cut. Sometimes these things happen, hopefully management gets its right now. Good luck with July!

hey Compound!

Yeah the growth has been very impressive. The cut will dig in a bit but long term its a good move for corus.

12. Nathan says:

Nice work. I love seeing all of the DRIP action happening in your portfolio. Slow and steady my friend.

13. Killin’ it Rob, keep up the great work my freind!
    Buy, Hold Long recently posted…I Challenge You!My Profile

14. It sucks about the dividend cut, but WOW, Congrats on the record-setting month Rob. 18 companies paying you dividends and getting over that $600 mark is huge.

The second quarter is definitely a better performing quarter than the first. My portfolio was able to recover all of my losses during the first quarter and now I am back on track to increase my net worth by 10% for the year. Let’s hope that the market cooperates for the second half of the year.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…Stacking The Discounts On Your PC Optimum Points To Maximize Your Grocery SavingsMy Profile

Hey Leo.

I think you can!

I dunno if I like higher prices. Means less drips! Makes you feel better about your buys though.

16. Caroline says:

Great job Rob!
    I set a record this month too, my report should be out soon:)
    Unfortunately, due to Corus’ dividend cut, I may not beat this number for a while:(
    Caroline recently posted…What If Frugality Is Not In Your DNA?My Profile

17. DivHut says:

The records keep coming in. Congrats on hitting a new milestone. It looks like your wife got on board the DGI/passive income train too with that $1500 total. Bringing income in passively is the thing to do no matter if it’s from dividends, solar or whatever. Keep it up!

hey hut.

For sure its great to see so many people setting new records. Shows that dividend investing works.

18. Hey Rob.
    Love that YoY growth… outstanding. Congrats on breaking the $600 mark, too. Nice results even in the presence of that dividend cut. As you show, a strong portfolio can weather an occasional setback with one of the holdings.
    Your anecdote about your wife getting impressed with the passive income progress given the ever-improving numbers is awesome. Keep it up… your income growth in 2018 has truly been terrific.
    Engineering Dividends recently posted…Mid-Year Review of 2018 Portfolio GoalsMy Profile

hey Paul

Thanks alot! and great that you liked the wifes comment.

slowly but surely it grows. cuts hurt and slows the momentum but it got to keep growing.

19. Congrats mate! Your dividend growth is spectacular. Add a pie chart to show off your passive income sources ๐Ÿ™‚
    dividendgeek recently posted…2018 Q2 / (April โ€“ June) Dividend ReportMy Profile

20. Tawcan says:

Congrats on the new record. We used to hold Corus but decided to close that position. Yes it still dominates in radio but it’s the radio business is getting tougher with online streaming becoming more popular. Definitely keep a close eye on Corus.

hey Bob

thanks man.

I actually remember you selling your position I should of followed suit.

Ill keep an eye on them but expect the share price to rebound with all this cashflow they will now have.

cheers man!

21. Nice month, congrats on setting a new high! Way to crush your June 2017 totals, that year-over-year improvement is awesome! Glad to see we also share to common holds (IBM, ENB). Keep it up!

Best wishes and continued success on your journey! AFFJ

hey Frugal

Thanks alot. Glad to see a fellow ibm shareholder. We seem to be a rare breed among the dgi community!

cheers!

22. That’s good to read Rob, thanks for the heads up to. That’s so encouraging to let people know, not only they have depended on their salary. People must find other means to increase their income!