June 2018 – Solar Income

1. Damn man, that’s some nice income from Solar. I may have to look into what programs we have in Manitoba for solar now. Our new house gets so much sun in the back yard/roof, it’s ridiculous.

As for the tree….personally I love the character nice big trees bring to neighbourhoods, and some shade is always nice too….if it makes the wife happy…let’s be honest…you are keeping it 😛
    Jordan @ MoneyMaaster.com recently posted…Better know a Blogger: Matthew from All About The DividendsMy Profile

haha Jordan

You are definitely right, mature trees you really cant put a price on. They look fantastic. Maybe we will settle with a little haircut of the top.

I would look into panels for sure if you don’t have them. Its a great alternate source of passive income and you don’t need to worry about whats going on in the news. AS long as nothing breaks on the system, you will be getting a cheque.

The green factor feels good too!
      cheers man.

2. Let the sun shine and print the money Rob, but don’t cut down that Maple tree. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…Clean Up With CloroxMy Profile

haha
      Everyone is siding with her. lol. It definately takes away from the green factor of the panels if your cutting down big trees.

3. MrSLM says:

Big trees like that take forever to grow. It’d be a shame to cut it down, and for what amounts to a couple extra bucks per month.
    MrSLM recently posted…Financial Update – May 2018My Profile

hey Mr

my friend kinda used that analogy. if the system produces 2 dollars more a day would it be worth no shade for 60 bucks a month.

4. Mr. Robot says:

Hey Rob, I woud say maybe a little trim job on the tree would suffice? Or if possible move it? Yiu can always throw down a sun screen or something for the shade.

I do find the almost $400 an amazing amount of solar money. Keep that up, that’s not really possible on our house unfortunately.

hey robot.

moving the tree is not a option. I think in the winter once the leaves drop ill climb it and take off a couple feet.

Its true 400 is definately a nice chunk of change from the sun!

5. Thanks for sharing, Rob! $386.78 is a nice chunk of cash flow! In regards to the tree, I’m a fan of tree’s in general, so I’d want to keep it. But I guess the if the objective is to maximize passive cash flow, you could consider cutting part of it out. I’d try taking out the top 10 feet like you said. Look forward to the next report!

hey Graham

thanks man, it sure is. beats most of my dividend months!

think taking it down 10ft will be what im going to do, come winter time.

6. Hmmm, if you want shade, go inside the house. I say cut down the tree! If you want trees, go to the park or something. Maybe I’m just jealous Rob, because of the great passive income you’re making from solar panels. 🙂

haha port!

I hear ya. We got a tonne of big trees around the property but this is the only one blocking the panels. I think i will be trying a little off the top and see how that gos.

definately nice to see the income go higher and higher.

7. That’s a killer! Almost $400 just from selling electricity 🙂

8. Erika Ann says:

Wow Rob you really hit a jackpot with your solar income this month. The weather has been in your favor. Here in the Philippines, the rainy season just started and solar income for those who have solar farms will really have a bad 4 to 5 months coming because of the number of typhoons predicted to pass our country. I hope you continue to get good income! Its a win win situation. You get money and you help the environment. Really great work.
    Erika Ann recently posted…Resilience with Solar: Lessons Learned from Typhoon YolandaMy Profile

Hey Erika

Thanks, yeah that was a great month for sure. My wife’s Filipino. Never been to the Philippines though. One day, Hope the typhoons don’t do much damage and just pass you by.

Cheers!