Cnr, My favorite rail – New Buy

1. Hi Rob, That is a beautiful picture. With the economy hopping transports are a good place to be. I own Norfolk Southern and UPS in that space. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…The New Millionaires | Concluding thoughts | Part 6My Profile

Hey Tom

Thanks its not mine though. Google search.

I agree its a good place to be.
      Dam i have missed a bunch of your millionaire series. Time to catch up.

2. May says:

CNR is a good stock. I was watching CNR and was not able to pull the trigger. Now it’s up so much from the low and I am not sure if I still should buy. Well, I guess I will just keep CNR in my RRSP for now.

I used coach potato approach for my kids’ resp using TD e series funds. For me, individual stocks look like too risky as my oldest one has only 8 years to go to university. You kids are still young and you have enough time to grow the money there.

Hey May

I bought some when it was lower but didnt back up the truck unforetunately. Always curious why people hold canadian stocks in rrsp accounts. With you and your spouse you can have 110,000 in canadian stocks tax free.

They e series seems like a great way to go. I got about 14 years before my first kid will need any funds, so like you said times on my side

Cheers May

• May says:

I have considered to buy more US stocks in RRSP account. But Canadian dollar is so low nowadays.

Yeah true. I try to ignore that to a certain extent. The us market has dominated the tsx in returns. So it makes up for the currency loss imo.

I currently have a modest position in CNR. If it pulls back, I will consider buying more. If it continues to go up, I am happy too as I am already an owner. I think if oil continues to rise, so will their stock price.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…Can You Achieve Financial Success Without A Budget?My Profile

Nice Leo

Like you I am happy with my current position but if it presents another good drop, maybe ill have to buy more =)

4. cris says:

This is a good company for long term… was better to get it in low nineties but if in 15 years will double or triple won’t make too much difference.

Regarding the CAD/USD rate, if the rate goes back to 0.8 or higher then is a good exchange rate as will be better then historically rate…

Hey Cris

I bought some around 94 before too just didnt have enough cash to back the truck.

Good point about currency rates.