April 2018 – Passive Income Update

1. Nice work Rob. Being a fellow IBM and PG owner, I was hoping for a little more out of their recent dividend increases. Never the less, I won’t turn them down on the offer for more. Your year over year comparisons are great. It looks like the second half is a tougher comparison. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…The New Millionaires | Demographics | Part 3My Profile

Hey Tom

Yeah more would of been sweet but beats inflation!

The growth has been impressive but fpr sure the growth as a percentage will be alot lower in a couple months.

Cheers Tom

2. It’s that continued growth in income that makes DG such a winning long term strategy. Continued success with your portfolio. Great to see and read.

3. PCI – unbelievable. Those are some awesome/inspiring results. A 300%+ increase plus two dividend increases? Amazing! I’m sorry to hear about the leafs, but game 7s are always exciting. They’ll come back stronger next year. Now, let’s hope the Cavs can pull through in their Game 7 today.

Keep up the great work!

Bert

4. Way to go Rob great month. You were able to drip a lot of shares that will only build up your future income. Keep up the great work.

5. Amazing PCI! Those YOY percentages are incredible! Like you, I am also very happy about PG and IBM’s recent dividend increases! Congrats on the super month! Keep it up! 😀
    My Dividend Dynasty recently posted…I Got Free Electricity for a Month! Thanks, Con Edison!My Profile

6. Awesome growth!

What are your thoughts on mutual funds vs. individual stocks for dividend investing?

Hey Mr

Welcome, I love seeing a new face on the site.

I used to have mutual funds and they underperformed my individual stocks and their management fees were to high. Etfs would be the way to go vs mutual funds if you like a basket of stocks with alot lower fees.

Personally I like individual stocks because they tend to have a higher yield and by not buying a basket of stocks im not buying overvalued stocks or stocks that im not interested in.

To eachs own though…..

Hope that helps.

7. Congrats on the great month. Lots of drips to add that will accelerate the passive income.

What about Google AdSense revenue?

Hey Pursuit

Thanks I definitely love the drips.

I dont include adsense unless i actually get paid by them. They have a minimum 100 dollar payout.

I think Im averaging 10-15 bucks a month from them though.

Cheers!

8. p2035 says:

Hi Rob. Noce raport. Love your pictures and atitude. Love what you are doing – solar panels and stuff like that. Keep it up 🙂

9. Hi Rob,

Your YoY growth is incredible! It’s good to see you making progress. Keep up the good work.

– David
    Jung in Rente recently posted…Update: Passive Income April 2018My Profile

Hey David

Thanks, its great to see the growth. Thats why i love doing these passive income updates.

Cheers thanks for swinging by

I have been investing for a while now, however, I have never had a drip for any of my stocks. I am not sure that I don’t like the partial shares or the control to pool the income together and buy in bulk lol.

It’s really exciting to build a sizeable passive income portfolio as you now have more options to invest and more opportunities to take advantage of. This is one of the reasons that keeps me excited about my investments.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…How Do You Deal With Retirement Fears?My Profile

Hey Leo

I love the drips but there are disadvantages ie buying stocks at high prices. Unforetunately rbc lets you drip all the stocks or none.

Cheer leo

11. Wow, your passive income is off the charts my friend. That is some awesome growth numbers. Too bad about Toronto in the playoffs, but what a series to watch. At least you got to watch some good hockey and didn’t get swept like a few other teams.

Thanks daze! Luckily the charts grows with the income =) zing!

Its true 7 game series are always better than a sweep.

Cheers man!

12. Great monthly report, Rob! It looks like a $1,000 a month in passive income is new benchmark for you. With the summer months ahead of us, you energy incomes should be increasing! So that will keep you above the 1K mark!
    Dividend Income Stocks recently posted…Portfolio Value Update – April 2018My Profile

Hey German

Thanks, yeah it would be sweet if its stays over 1k from now on. Then winter will hit….. womp womp. Haha

Hope you had a great month as well.

13. Nice work man – that’s a HUGE jump over last year and nice to see the big dividend jump as well. You’re definitely on the right path. I’m totally with you on winter man as it lasted way too long this year. Although we’re switched into the 70s now so that’s great on our end.
    timeinthemarket recently posted…Time in the Market dividend review – April 2018 – Apple dividend increaseMy Profile

Hey time

Thanks man, love seeing it keep going up. Its crazy there was no spring this year. Its 25 degrees today.

No complaints here

14. Awesome performance with so many months with a passive income above $1000!
    I Want Dividend recently posted…April Dividend ReportMy Profile

15. Your month had everything, a great result, increases, buys. Awesome studf! Congratulations on the stellar YoY!

DI

16. Caroline says:

Great job Rob! I have to look into this solar income:)