We Love Our Cellphone’s – New Purchase

1. Nice buy Rob, I’m a big fan of Telus and Bell.

2. Also a Big Leafs fan. Great win last night)
    I am also a big fan in investing in companies one uses. I usually say to people if you don’t like your cable bill, buy the company. It acts as a hedge.
    That is the ‘buy what you know’ type of strategy. I own my bank, gas utility and cell provider etc. etc.
    Cheers!

Hey Peter

Yeah for sure huge win last night. Great to get a couple penalty kills too and really nice to see them hit and not be afraid to get hit. They beat them at bostons game. Hitting!

I say the same thing. People whine company x is soooo big how did the govt let them get that big… ahhhh just buy them and own them!

Plus i dont mind the bills as much……… I said as much. Lol

Cheers!

3. Stefano says:

I sold my shares of Telus. I found there debt was to high, when the interest rate goes up, they will go down again. That might be the time to buy

Hey Stefano

Thats true their debt is a little high. I thought they would drop in January when interest rates went up and telus barely moved.

Did you buy any one of the other telecos with the proceeds of the sale?

4. Alana says:

Why yes, I am reading this on my cellphone…you’re a psychic!

The big three pretty much got the Canadian market cornered. If you don’t subscribe to their main brand, they each also have another brand to serve you. I currently own BCE, but wouldn’t mind owning any of the three telcos.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…How To Reduce Investment Risks With A Ladder Bond StrategyMy Profile

6. Nice buy! I will look into Telus and Bell this year so I don’t have any exposure in telcos. You’re right about the cell phones and data plans in general. With APPS we have today, 1G or 2G plans won’t cut anymore. People will eventually sign up for 6G or 8G data plans to support bandwidth those apps use. So eventually the ARPU will increase too. Both Telus and Bell are nice companies and eventually I will buy both, probably this year.
    Dividend Income Stocks recently posted…Purchased more shares of AltaGas (ALA.TO)My Profile

Hey German

If you don’t have any, for sure you should. Always nice to stay diversified. Just keep in mind teleco’s might drop in price as interest rates rise.
      Cheers man!

7. Hey Rob, I like the telecom stocks, but stick to the big US providers VZ and T for the most part. They are good, steady income sources if not the fastest growers. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…Build Your Wealth | Part 1My Profile

8. I don’t know about Canadian telcos, but U.S. telcos tend to be steady and safe dividend stocks. I’d imagine it’s the same thing in Canada?
    Troy Bombardia @ Bull Market recently posted…Simple trading strategy that generates 17.2% per yearMy Profile

Hey Troy

Yeah I think of telecos alot like utility’s. Most people need their phone and internet these days. So its pretty consistent.