Gotta Get That Drip – New Buy

1. Hey Rob. I’m not familiar with the company. But I hope it rewards you with many years of dividend payments. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…You Gotta EatMy Profile

2. Congrats dude. I don’t own Emera – but looks like a solid buy.
    Gotta love those Drips!
    Jordan @ MoneyMaaster.com recently posted…March Passive Income Update.My Profile

3. Caroline says:

Congrats on the purchase and DRIP!:) No additional Corus? lol
    Caroline recently posted…Win, Win, Lose! March 2018 – Income, Expenses And GoalsMy Profile

Congrats on the purchase, love a good utility that pays a fairly safe dividend : ) Enjoy that DRIP!

5. Not all brokerages pass on the DRIP discount. I know Questrade does not pass the discount on.

I assumed an investor could DRIP any stock inside a brokerage account when having enough dividends to buy one share.

Emera is a solid stock has people need electricity to live their lives. I have owned EMA.TO for about 6 years now.

Hey pursuit you are definitely correct. Just saw that debate on a facebook group! Rbc does pass that discount though. Makes those higher trading costs worth it in the long run.

Glad you like the buy and are a fellow owner.
      Cheers man!

6. Mr. Robot says:

Unfortunately my broker does not do partial shares or drop. So none of my shares drip. It’s a shame since it also takes out the emotion out part of your buying which is always good.

7. May says:

Nice. I have bought EMA at quite high price and they are in deep water now. I might buy more if it went under $40 again.

Hey May

Seems to me a good buy at the moment. When a stock drops it kinda hurts but that dividend produces more drips!

8. May says:

Talking about drip, it is crazy what you can get with drip when stock price went down. I have 500 enb, and I got 8 shares last time it’s dripped. Hopefully enb will not cut their dividend.

Yeah exactly! Thats a sweet drip. I got 4. Im not worried about that dividend. In fact i think they will boost it again later but maybe at 7-8% vs the 10 guidance. See how much assets they sell by then..

Cheers May!

9. GYM says:

I like DRIP too but I only have it for Husky and Sunlife. Both of them DRIP’d this month after a few months of inactivity. I like to have a bit more control over where my dividend money goes, so that’s why I don’t DRIP more (maybe I am a control freak haha).
    GYM recently posted…The Ultimate List of Canadian Dividend Investing BlogsMy Profile

Hey Gym

Thats true, sometimes by enabling drip you end up adding to the company when they are overvalued.

Theres no problem with wanting to be in control of your money. Keep it up