Adding to a Position – Stack Them Dividends

1. Hi Rob, I think it’s good to have some exposure to railroads and transportation in general as part of one’s investments. I don’t own CNR, but do own Norfolk Southern. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…Southern ComfortMy Profile

Hey Tom

For sure, I love the rails. Southern is a good u.s rail from what I understand. There’s so many good stocks in the u.s though!

2. vivivanne says:

Nice addition!

I have a property near the rail way, and Mr.W and I been watching the train goes by, things seems to pick up a lot. I’m sure this business won’t go away anytime soon.

I know Canadian policy is different from the US, but North America as a whole is living and breathing together. I’m pretty sure if the US do well, Canada is also doing well.

Keep up with the dividend growth strategy!

cheers!

Hey Vivianne

I agree both the us and Canada are very intertwined. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening on the nafta front. Like you mentioned rails arent going anywhere.

All the best
      Rob

3. Hey Rob,

congrats on your new additions…just one more piece to the substantial income stream. Right now i don’t own any transportation stocks, but i’ll change that. I’ll have closer look at Canadian National Railway. Unfortunately it’s complicated for german investors to own Canadian stocks because of the withholding tax…but you have some very good dividend companies over there…like Bank of Nova Scotia, Enbridge, TD Bank, just to name a few…

Greet’s from Germany
    DividendSolutions

Hey solutions

Thanks man. Yeah the withholding tax is very real. I keep wanting to diversify our tfsa as i read somewhere you can buy uk stocks with no withholding fee and possibly Bermuda stocks.

Got to be 100% before i make the jump though

Cheers man

4. CNR is a dividend aristocrat. Nice buy! Finding high yielding stocks is difficult … thanks to the awesome bull market. With the recent pull back my yields have started going up.
    dividendgeek recently posted…2018 Q1 / March Dividend ReportMy Profile

In recent years, my portfolio is definitely underweighted in the transportation sector. I added CNR to my portfolio too earlier this year when there was a pull back. I also have a few put option contracts that the purchaser can sell it to me for $90 per share. Hopefully, they will exercise the options so I can buy it cheaper.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…How To Train Your Money Skills Like An Elite AthleteMy Profile

Hey leo nice man. Heres hoping those puts go through for ya. I think they may. Keeps touching that floor and bouncing up to come back down again

6. MrSLM says:

I really like CNR, well run and big moat. We have to move stuff around, that’s not going to change anytime soon and rail is a cheap and efficient way to do so. Great long term hold IMO.
    MrSLM recently posted…Retire and Pay No Income TaxesMy Profile

7. There are far worse things to be hooked on than wide moat companies! Yield will take care of itself in the long run. I only wish we had a few more of these sort of companies in the Australian market…
    Frankie @ Fully Franked Finance recently posted…Fund Performance Update – Miserable March 2018My Profile

8. S B Campbell says:

I would like to receive a list of ALL Canadian stocks which pay dividends.
    Current price and dividend and years paid.

hey sb

I think awhile back i saw a complete list posted somewhere. Have no clue where though. The Canadian dividend all stars is one of the best out there, and updated monthly!