Another Portfolio Swap

1. Nice buy Rob. Emera sure does look tempting with their recent pullback. I have the same issue with dividends received FMAN is my lowest months. I do try to balance what I receive per month. Thanks for sharing all the best with Emera enjoy that nice dividend.
    Matthew Freeman recently posted…Third and Fourth Dividend Increases of the Year.My Profile

2. May says:

I don’t care when I get the dividend. I plan to have a cash wedge when I retire so it really does not matter.

Since January I began to buy quite some utilities including EMA and lots of them still under water. No worries though I am buy and hold.

Nice May

Yeah its true they could go underwater but those dividends should continue to pay out quarterly! Thats what its all about!

Congrats on your new additions

Cheers!

3. Nice buy Rob! I never heard of Cineplex but your reasoning for selling sounds solid, to bad it was on a loss but for sure the redeployment of cash in Emera will make up for these losses!
    All the best!

DI

Hey independence

Thanks. The loss sucks but these are learning mistakes. As long as i learn something from each mistake its worth it. Could of been worse!

Cheers!

4. Wally says:

Thanks for sharing this Rob. I own Cineplex, but plan on holding on for now to collect the monthly dividend. However, the stock has really been struggling as of late, so I see why you made the move.

5. I don’t know much about Emera, but I think selling Cineplex was a good idea. Your reasoning is sound. Not sure of the future for theaters.
    dividendgeek recently posted…Contributing to Roth IRA – Tax-deferred growthMy Profile

Yeah emera seems good. People will still need some form of entertainment. Hopefully cineplex just evolves into the other forms they want to build on. Ie top golf playdiums and rec rooms

6. I own both Cineplex and Emera. Owning Emera is a lot easier on the mind than Cineplex as people need electricity to “live” their lives.

If I was not down so much on Cineplex, I would strongly consider selling it. Hopefully, the earnings release in the next couple of days is not too bad.

Hey pursuit

Yeah thats true! I was debating waiting for the 4th quarter results before selling. Should be positive for them but there might be alot of sellers waiting for this point too.

Hope it works out for you.
      Cheers man!

7. May says:

Forgot to mention ever since we set up home theater with a 120 inch screen, the entire family feel no need to go cinema anymore. I run out of microwave popcorns quite fast because of that. Yeah, I think your sell is a good one.

8. Russ says:

Hi.

Yeah Cineplex was on my maybe list for a long time i never did buy it pretty much for the simple reason that it seams like a industry that is dieing / changing and im not sure what the future could be for it. Maybe very very bad.

I have the same worries for Cours .
    I want to sell that stock but im down like 40%

Not sure what to do.

Hey cineplex is interesting. I have actually read somewhere that they are contemplating splitting the stock. Ie movie theatres and entertainment ie rec rooms, top golf, playdium parts.

As for corus i still like it. I think a dividend cut is factored in. If they cut it in half its still a 8% yield! I have actually debated adding more. A div cut could actually make the stock pop in value. They still dominate the radio space and canadian tv.