Buys, Sell and Raises

1. Those are some nice buys Rob solid stocks. I had never heard of Automotive Property REIT before. I wish you all the best and keep collecting those dividends 🙂

With the market so volatile, I am definitely eyeing a few stocks that I want to buy. For the companies that are continuing to raise it dividends will be a great buying opportunity. I am looking at Fortis and was trying to buy more today, but I didn’t pull the trigger. There will probably be more chances to buy next week.
    Leo T. Ly recently posted…My $263K DIY Investment LessonsMy Profile

So true. Midway through the day my account was wayyyyyy down i logged on later and it rebounded nicely.

I hope we see more big dips!
      Cheers Leo. Good luck with fortis.

3. I am going crazy trying to understand market movements. It’s a computer somewhere with a faulty algorithm … that is my opinion. In the mean time it looks like a good sale. I loaded up on XOM. But, I left a little bit of cash out. I am not sure if this is the bottom. If needed I would like to average down 🙂

I have two stocks with sizable losses that I need to dump.
    dividendgeek recently posted…Dividend Increases This Week (Feb 5 – Feb 9)My Profile

4. Cris says:

In December and January I sold a few positions and I added more money in our RRSP contribution.
    I was waiting for a while for this moment. Every single day I added new positions to my portfolio: FTS, BMO, CNR, ENB, CVE, APPL, CSV, P&G & some ETFs.
    If the sell-of will continue I will buy more… too good to miss the moment. One of my rule, I don’t buy anything if is not at least 10-15% less then the last year high.

One suggestion, if you have any loss in TFSA just transfer it in RRSP and sell it there. You will get some return which will offset the loss and still won’t be so bad.

Good luck to everyone.

Haha nice Cris thats awesome great companies. I think next week will be the same as this week. I hope to keep adding on the dips. Cnr is one I really have my eye on.

Man that tfsa move is crazy! I never knew that. And i can write off the capital loss of when i purchased it originally in the tfsa?

Thanks again Cris!

• Cris says:

Not really write off when you do your taxes (only non-registered account will qualify for that) but the RRSP return will give you more money to invest (plus the selling commission will be taken from RRSP not TFSA).
        If you put everything into an calculator will show the difference.

5. Hi Rob, I bought Southern Company on Friday. I like both your purchases of ENB and PF. ENB is one of the few Canadian stocks I own mainly due to the the 15% tax I pay on CDN dividends as a US resident. Tom
    Tom @ Dividends Diversify recently posted…My Only Regret In Life: Speed To A MillionMy Profile

6. Hey Rob,

like your purchases. You can’t go wrong with P&G and after last week the valuation is a lot better. They’ll end up in my portfolio someday too, maybe sooner than later;-).
    Enbridge stock price suffered the last months and the yield is very tempting. I have them on my radar too. The only thing what keeps my trigger finger calm are the Canadian taxes on dividends for foreign investors. But a dividend growth perspective of 10% per year through 2024 is hard to ignore…

I just purchased some more share of the oil giant Royal Dutch Shell.

Greets
    DividendSolutions

Hey solutions

Thanks. Yeah the tax implecations are always a big concern and i try to not buy anything thats gonna get taxed at the moment.

Congrats on your purchase!

7. Hi Rob
    Good move to take advantage of the stock market turmoil and add P&G and Enbridge. Good for your future passive income and you keep diversifying.
    Each time, markets go down or remain lower for a certain time period, dividend growth investors get a nice boost, as our (rei-) investment process gets more efficient.
    Keep the ball rolling and all the best!
    Financial Shaper recently posted…January dividends and recent stock buyMy Profile

Hey shape

Thanks alot. I definately think like that. Hope i can slip.in a extra drip in the pullback.
      Thanks for swinging by!
      Rob

8. Derek says:

Hey there, love your blog. I’ve recently bought into a position of highliner. I love their potential based on my research. What gives you reservations?

Hey Derek

Thanks alot and welcome. Always love seeing a new face leave a message.

I like them and think they are severely undervalued but unforetunately the stock doesnt drip. Im a huge fan of the drip program and would love to make a buck and put that money towards a stoxk that offers a drip program.

9. p2035 says:

Hi, Rob. Nice to see identical PG buy. Ive also jumped in at 82.5$ mark. Sad it then went bellow 80$ would be nice to catch that dip as I did with T back in November for 33$, but you cant catch them all I guess 🙂 As you said PG is a great brand. Managed to find 5 items we use 🙂 and pampers is a synonim of diper in our country. You dont say go and buy dipers you say go and buy pampers 😀 Like PG strong balance, tough lack of growth both in top and bottom lines in the past few years is a bit worrying. Hope all ends out well for PG.
    p2035 recently posted…Health improvement – meditationMy Profile

Hey P

Just like you said was crazy that it went under 80. Cant time the market though!

Some times these slips in sales give us a good time to get in. I think they are making some good moves. Hopefully i can add to them before they take off!