June 2017 Dividend Income
June 2017 Dividend Income
Another great month that has just blown by. Here in Ontario we have seen it all from tonnes of rain to 40 degree days to even a hail storm while we were at Wonderland the other week. Its been a busy month but have found some time to kick back, fire up the bbq and swing back a couple cold ones. We went camping at Longpoint provincial park for the first time this weekend with some friends. It is a great park with a fantastic beach. The mosquito’s were out in full force though. There were turtles everywhere at the park. 2 times we had them come onto our site and one time, one started digging a hole and laid a bunch of eggs. Very cool! We even stumbled across a Eastern Foxsnake which sadly is a endangered species now. I tell ya I love nature, always have always will. We need to step up our game and fix how we are doing things before its too late. (That’s why I love renewable’s)
13 Companies paid us this month.
- Shaw —————— 2.17
- Corus —————– 9.79
- Enbridge ————- 22.57
- Zdy Etf ————– 3.29
- Riocan ————– 7.05
- Russell Metals ——- 17.48
- Auto Propertys ——- 3.62
- Boardwalk ———— 5.44
- Altagas ————— 5.25
- Manulife ————- 6.15
- Extendicare ———- 3.12
- Sienna Senior ——— 2.40
- Brookfield Renewable 64.37 (one drip)
June 2017 Total = $152.70 (%144.98 higher yr over yr)
June 2016 Total = $62.33 (Previous Dividend Income)
Totals For 2017
Dividends Year To Date Total – $485.35
Other Passive Income Year to date – $ 250.00
Total Passive Gains for 2017 —– $835.35
Year End Goal – $2000.00 ——–%41.76 so far (50% of year over @ end of June)
Our net worth actually dropped 200$ bucks this month, stocks and precious metals were the big cause of this drop this month. Can’t win em all!
I’m sure you have noticed all the buys we have done this month. After this refinance and transfers from mutual funds to direct investing we had to put the money to work!
- We invested 50,000 into a private investment that will return 12% per year and pay us monthly – SWEET!
- We popped our cherry and purchased our first US stock – General Mills, well 125 of them to be exact!
- Canadian Banks stocks still haven’t recovered after there little scuffle, and we started a position in TD bank buying 117 stocks.
- Then Enbridge decided to make our day and pull back to under 50$ I added 100 shares to our TFSA and 100 to our sons RESP.
- Riocan has been taking punches left right and center so we added 100 more shares in the TFSA
- Extendicare has the population working in its favor as the baby boomers are hitting their golden years so we added 300 more stocks of them.
- Shaw decided to pull back 5% on Thursday so we added to that position as well 100 more of them. (they have kept dropping since Friday, might be more soon enough)
- With the proposed merger between Potash and Agrium planning to finalize next quarter I decided to add another 100 shares
- Finally we worked on our dollar cost averaging by purchasing another 61 shares of the zdy etf in our RRSP.
While June wasn’t much of a increase over March’s income, this was a massive month of purchases and will drastically improve our forward dividends. These purchases alone will add $1525 in dividends and another 6k a year in the private investment.
How has your June been? I see a lot of you setting new records which is awesome keeps me motivated. Keep it up.
Hope your enjoying the summer!
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.