April 2017 Dividend Income
April 2017 Passive Income Update
The sun is shining, I’m already getting the itch to go camping and chill at the beach. Then reality sets in and it drops down to 7 degrees again. Trout opener started this week but I have been to busy. Next week I will go out and try some casts with some buddies at the river after work. The siding on our house has started and is 1/3rd done. The black flies have started earlier this year and are currently brutal at our house. This might be a good thing because last year may 2-4 long weekend was insane and we were basically inside the cottage all weekend. So here’s hoping they will calm down by then, I want to bust out the kayak that weekend and catch me some pike!
Our dividend income this month was under $100 but was a nice improvement over January’s Income. Slowly but surely. We got some U.S exposure this month. Thanks to the ones holding me accountable and constantly pointing that out to me. You make me better!
- Telus ——– $16.80
- Aecon ———- $23.88(1 Drip)
- Restaurant Brands —— $4.79
- Riocan ——– $7.05
- Altagas ——– $5.30
- Auto Properties —- $3.62
- Boardwalk Reit —– $5.44
- Sienna Senior —– $2.40
- Extendicare —— $3.12
- Corus Entertainment —– $9.79
April 2017 Total = $82.19(%568.21 higher yr over yr)
April 2016 Total = $12.30 (Previous Dividend Income)
Totals For 2017
Dividends Year To Date Total – $359.09
Other Passive Income Year to date – $ 250.00
Total Passive Gains for 2017 —– $609.09
Year End Goal – $2000.00 ——–%30.45 so far
We increased our net worth 0.84% over last month
We purchased 47 shares of ZDY – BMO US dividend ETF.
- The investment seeks to provide an exposure to a yield weighted portfolio of U.S dividend paying stocks and also seeks to provide unit holders with monthly distributions. The selected companies will have the potential for long term capital growth. Eligible securities will be selected using a rules based methodology that considers dividend growth, yield, and payout ratio and eligibility will be reviewed annually.
- We also added $1000 to our emergency fund this month.
April again doesn’t have many purchases as we are in the middle of the exterior siding project. I didn’t purchase any of my April Stock Picks because I needed some exposure to the US. (Both are up in price since my posting)
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.